Insight on crossing border and racing in Canada....

Old 10-08-2014, 01:55 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Default Insight on crossing border and racing in Canada....

Just had a guy wanting to buy my chassised Corvette...professionally built racecar...he wants a title...I told him a chassised racecar has no title...he said without a title he can't race in Canada...is this true or am I getting my leg pulled?? and if so how would one race a professionally built race car in Canada?
Old 10-09-2014, 10:15 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

The son of the lady I work for ran into the same problem selling a road race Mustang to a guy in Canada. I haven't asked him lately what happened in that deal.

Curtis
Old 10-10-2014, 10:13 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dparker View Post
Just had a guy wanting to buy my chassised Corvette...professionally built racecar...he wants a title...I told him a chassised racecar has no title...he said without a title he can't race in Canada...is this true or am I getting my leg pulled?? and if so how would one race a professionally built race car in Canada?
They need to have a a VIN or Serial number. Getting the cars across the boarder they deal with a brokering agent. This is if they want to do everything buy the book.

If you have a chassis tag with the builders serial # and bill of sale for the car, you may be able to make that work.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Swiley383
RACING JUNKIE

That would make more sence than having a title to race. I was wondering if it had something to do with customs.