pro systems 850 trouble

Old 05-30-2010, 04:52 AM
sflorea
SHOW GUEST

Default pro systems 850 trouble

we have had this trouble with the carb leaking fuel through the front boosters at an idle, yesterday i had adjusted around on it and got it to stop, and then i changed jets and now i cant get it to stop again, only does it when its running, not when you turn the pump on. any help would be great, just went to alky, and its all new to me.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:39 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

If it is leaking thru the boosters you might want to check the float level sound's too high,then check needle and seat, what is your fuel pressure :?: Too high and it will blow the needle off the seat :!:
Old 05-30-2010, 08:05 AM
sflorea
SHOW GUEST

float level seems to be fine, fuel pressure is at 7 psi, and you can turn the fuel pump on and let it run and it never blow past the niddle and seat. makes no sense to me.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:52 AM
bryanm
JUNIOR BUILDER

A buddy of mine has a 1050 alky pro systems carb and he has to set his floats really low to keep this from happening. He sets them to where you cant see fuel until it sloshes in the bowl.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:54 AM
markdunlap
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Pro Systems 850 trouble.

If it does not leak by with engine off and pump on, then pump,pressure, and needle and seats appear to be fine.

If it leaks out boosters only when idling, it is possible idle curcuit is not functioning and it is trying to pull fuel over the main curcuit to keep running.

Maybe the front throttle plate is open too far and the idle transfer slots are uncovered and need to be closed more to let idle curcuit work. You could try opening the back barrels some to compensate for closing the front ones.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:04 PM
dynaguy03
MASTER BUILDER

Default 850 trouble

Why not call Patrick at Pro Systems??. they have excellent cust service and will support his products. Just have good details to give him.

Good Luck
Old 06-01-2010, 07:04 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

Clean it. Make sure you run carb or brake cleaner through the air bleeds with the metering blocks off, pull out the bleeds if removable. Pull out jets and clean all emulsion bleeds including the kill bleeds, make sure all passages are not blocked. Also, make sure to use fresh gaskets making sure the bowl screws are tight. Loose screws will allow cross leaks. Blow everything out with compressed air before assembly. This is assuming the carb work correctly in the past.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:30 AM
JEFF69Z28
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Re: 850 trouble

Originally Posted by dynaguy03
Why not call Patrick at Pro Systems??. they have excellent cust service and will support his products. Just have good details to give him.

Good Luck
X2