High speed air bleeds

Old 05-12-2009, 03:12 PM
bryanm
JUNIOR BUILDER

Well, I went through my Demon and cleaned it all out and it stil does the exact same thing. I called Demon and they were absolutely no help at all, so I guess I will be getting a new carb.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:49 PM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by bryanm
Well, I went through my Demon and cleaned it all out and it stil does the exact same thing. I called Demon and they were absolutely no help at all, so I guess I will be getting a new carb.
You are not the first buyer to be taken by the mighty demon. I hope you are able to steer other race junkers from buying one of those gems that ole Barry peddles.
Sorry that you have to re buy something that you already paid for once.
Bruce
Old 05-12-2009, 03:53 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

If the front bowl keeps filling you have to correct that. It will spill over when you launch and flood it. Either the N&S is bad, a casting imperfection in the bowl, or the float is bad or hanging up. You don't have g-forces on the dyno adding to the problem, possibly just enough to make the difference.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:34 AM
bryanm
JUNIOR BUILDER

It has a bog in my garage even when it isnt on a pass. If I ease into the throttle it loads up at around 3500 RPM, and it is even worse on a launch. Basically I thnk the carb is junk and with how rude and unprofessional the Demon tech line was I dont really care to do business with them or promote there product anymore. From what I have heard from other people this will not be the last thing to go wrong with the carb even if I fixed it now.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:08 AM
dynaguy03
MASTER BUILDER

Default carb

It a shame ... but dont feel bad.. i went thru it. By moving onto another carb you will be rid of that demon headache .. trust me ..i beat on the demon for sometime... But when you get a good carb you will know it and just by covering the basics it will make the demon look like the junk it is.
I like Pro systems for gas and APD for Alky carbs...

just my 2 cents