engine stuff

Old 04-30-2007, 03:56 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

LOL...sorry, I just kept adding here to an old thread...nothing but interior to see in show off.

I am going to an MT Street drag radial 235/60/15
Old 04-30-2007, 04:25 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

ahhhh good choice....thanks for straigthening me out on the ad..i was going crazy trying to find it.

brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 04-30-2007, 04:32 PM
fastbowtie
MASTER BUILDER

Great #s Carl Not only does your car look great but it should run like A scalded Dog Congrats :wink: :wink:
Old 05-04-2007, 01:42 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

carl how is the motor coming along? do they still make the M&h Race Master tires? those things hooked like as good as a slick
Old 05-04-2007, 03:31 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Here is the motor....

It will be in the car and driving first part of next week[/img]
Old 05-04-2007, 03:49 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i see it was dynoed with mufflers..AWESOME !!...it will make 15HP or a little more with straight headers....the HVH supersucker spacer plate has proven to increase 10hp on the dyno..my buddy runs on his dragters and is a DIE HARD bracket racer and swears it picks him up 2 hundreths..
I put one on my camaro and it will stand up and BOOGIE !!

ohh yeah how about putting the cut outs on the headers where you can open and close them with a cable from inside the cockpit...(neat)..15-20hp on tap when you need it...LOL

so its safe to say you can reach and get another 25-30hp or more by doing these 2 things...if it were my car i would also place me a good ram air induction thru the carb breather..use those round track duct work and draw cold clean air and funnel it into the ram air box...another 5 to 7 hp or more...if you do this with the hvh super sucker check your plug reading..most likley you will be just fine but worse case you would need to bump up a jet size ( but i doubt it)...

so i would say 500-510 hp is not out of the question..with very little cost and ALL bolt on stuff..

what kind of ignition box you running with that MSD pro-billet dist ?

thats what i like about the type car and motor you have..you can do so much neat stuff to them..to me its Very fun to ad little stuff and gain 2hp here and there...MAKE IT A JAMES BOND CAR...MYSTERIOUS BUTTONS AND SWITCHES EVERYWHERE !!!...i am getting excited for you...

and a damn good thumper (stereo) when you PARK the car..the motor is music enough when driving...AGREE ??

Brian

Old 05-04-2007, 05:38 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks Brian for the input and info!!!!

I will do or at least look into all of them.

I am running a 6AL ignition and Blaster 2 coil.

I am planning on using a new style cold air induction for holley's I found the other day.
I will have to make the tubes myself that go from the intake to the front of the engine compartment, but it seems simple enough.

I also plan on doing the spark pkug deal.

I can hardly wait to put it on the track next Friday, my builder is almost more excited to know what it does than I am...He wants me to call him from the track... 8)
Old 05-04-2007, 06:17 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Carl..now about those spark plugs you can buy the ones with the cut back strap from the factory..its what i run in my 511 bbc.....it will say right on the box.."CUT BACK GROUND ELECTRODE".....

you might have to order them..the autolight race plug will not be on the counter anywhere in your local normal parts house.

Brian

Old 05-04-2007, 10:34 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Carl looks nice bro.

What heads you got on the engine?
Does it take the tapered plug or the gasket type plug

I might be able to look up and recomend a spark plug that will work nice for you :P
Old 05-05-2007, 04:05 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks Tom,

The heads are the large port vortecs.

Plugs are Autolite AR103 I think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -