Lunati VooDoo Cam question

Old 09-02-2008, 04:33 PM
rcbigblock427
SHOW GUEST

Default Lunati VooDoo Cam question

Hello Fellow Gear Heads,
I am kinda new here but not to Drag Racing ....I took about the last nearly 20 years off to pay for our Farm/Ranch and raise our kids....somethings gain and loose importance as you grow older.
Well I have recently gotten the bug again and am building a sbc street strip car to play with (72 Nova) and am starting with a 350 horse 350 4bolt main block and steel crank with GM performance rods and Pistons out of a Chevelle that I had laying around now to get to my question,
I have been researching Cams and what has been done with the Flat tappet Hyd cams and really like what I see from the Lunati VooDoo cam and Lifter kit but a local Parts guy who's opinion I have never been able to fault has led me to think that maybe this cam is not what I am looking for .......He says that they are going to discontinue making them and that their workmanship and top end power leave something to be desired and I was wanting some of you who are running them or know about them to give me some feedback and opinions on them before I buy one and Install it.
Every body's opinion here is important to me if you have one or have had one let me know what you thought or think of it.
Thanks in advance,
Randy.....(rcbigblock427)
Old 09-03-2008, 05:32 PM
JimmySmith
MASTER BUILDER

Randy, Give a call to Bullet Cams 662-893-5670 and talk with Tim or Kirk I think you will be happy with there knowledge Later J. Smith 4621 racing
Old 09-04-2008, 03:44 AM
rcbigblock427
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by JimmySmith
Randy, Give a call to Bullet Cams 662-893-5670 and talk with Tim or Kirk I think you will be happy with there knowledge Later J. Smith 4621 racing
Thanks Jimmy I will do that.

I would have thought that as popular as these Cams SEEM to be there would have been alot more guys willing to voice their opinion.
I really would like to hear any info about them good or bad I don't want to lay out the money only to find out they are being discontinued as soon as I get one installed, Or that they are not all they are bragged up to be when it comes to quality of workmanship and Broad Power Band!

Like a lot of guys I am always looking for the latest and Greatest but when it comes to Small Blocks I am kinda in the dark.....Big Block's I know what and made by who but this SB stuff is driving me NUTZ!

(I am putting this SB 74 Nova together for my Wife to run in the ALL FEMALE Powder Puff Class , it's a real HOOT to watch! and then when the kids move up from jr. Dragster I will have something for them to run in the Street Stock/Super Stock classes at our local outlaw strips)

Randy
Old 09-04-2008, 06:31 AM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

Go over here to ask, UDHarold posts and is the man that created the Voodoo cams. Harold Brookshire now works for Lunati, but also worked at Comp and started Ultradyne cams among a few.

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1
Old 09-04-2008, 10:55 AM
rcbigblock427
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by jmarksdragster
Go over here to ask, UDHarold posts and is the man that created the Voodoo cams. Harold Brookshire now works for Lunati, but also worked at Comp and started Ultradyne cams among a few.

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1
Thanks I will follow that link and I did as Jimmy suggested and spoke with Kirk and Jimmy was right a VERY friendly and Knowledgeable guy who gave me alot of good info and among what he told me is just as you posted about Harold. I am finding out that what I have heard Bad about the camshafts is all a load of Bovine Fecal Matter to be polite. It's Funny what a guy Hears and the TRUTH are 2 completely Different things!

Thanks a bunch you 2 you Really helped me out a TON....I won't forget it either!
Randy.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:32 AM
joshw0517
SHOW GUEST

Default Lunati Voo Doo

hey buddy i dont know exactly what the guy told you but i have personally bought and installed 1 in a flat top 355 with stock 186 double humps. its a stock bottom end motor with hypertonic pistons and a victor jr intake and holley double pumper. the intake is a little much so im switching to torker 2. its is a lunati 276 adv duration .504 intake lift .525 exhaust. the engine was in a 80 malibu with a th350 with a STOCK stall(hurt it alot) but other that the stall the engine itself sounds great with the cam, all my friends are jealous, with out the stall its not great off the line OF COURSE and with stock gear but that little engine is a missile once you get it into its proper rpm range. it has no problem gettn over 6000 rpm even with the not so great heads and pulls great all the through the rpm range. i would suggest it to you, sorry to ramble hope this is a little insight for you