Bankrupt scammer defense tip

Old 08-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Pdmracing
CRAFTSMAN

Default Bankrupt scammer defense tip

Hi , I m a seller as well as a happy buyer here on RJ. I had a great experiance buying my race car & made a new friend in the process.

I am also in the Insurance & Banking industry for 30 years, so I have a lot of experience in people trying to rip me off. Even with my backround they can scam the best of us.

A commen thing I see on the scammer board is people losing money to Bankrupt companies or individuals. Usually you wont stand a chance, but its worth a try
A usefull tool that most people dont know about is the federal public acess court record system. It is free to register & you dont have to be an attorney to use. You get charged by the page to look at the actual documets. This thing is kind of scary in the info that you can find. I use it every time I have a transaction that involves 4 figures or more.
you can also look up Fed criminal cases. BEWARE that once you start looking at documents they charge you a few cents per page. but its a small price to pay if it saves you some dough.

here is the link http://www.pacer.gov/

Also depending on state there are superior court listings available. Here in GA all liens & fifa's are available to search, you have to subscribe but its less than $10 for a 1 day subscription. This will also show what property the guy owns & if he has any UCC filings or liens against him. Check with your state to see if this is available to you. tax liens also show up.

Unfortunately during these desparate times, people do desparate things. Hope this helps you guys collect & maybe it will stop someone from getting ripped off.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:46 PM
my9secskylark
MASTER BUILDER

Default info

Thanks for the info. Hopefully it will help someone he needs it. All scammers should be put out to dry.[/i]
Old 08-14-2010, 07:03 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Again thank you for this info some on here will find this info usefull :!: :!:
Old 08-21-2010, 05:22 AM
Pdmracing
CRAFTSMAN

Thanks,
Maybee the mod can make this a sticky,
once you use these services you will find out more than you may want to know.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:27 AM
ratfink1969
APPRENTICE

Thanks for the info can't wait to check it out.
Ryan