strdmn aka Wally Kimberlin in Akron Ohio is a liar and scam

Old 05-25-2010, 04:23 AM
performanceengin
JUNIOR BUILDER

the late model 350 chev is only external balanced on rear. is still neutral bal. on front.. if it has a stock 400 balancer it is either a 400 or way over bal. 350 which would shake like the dickens.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:10 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by tonylittell
Zipper06

Im missing atleast 50 cubic inches .... using the same parts to build each motor (as in same length rods, same compression pistons, same heads ect)
how much horsepower would you say that 50+ cubic inches would translate too?
Probably 30 to 40 HP given all things equal.

Just a guess.

Zip.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:26 AM
TonyLittell
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by zipper06
Zipper06

Im missing atleast 50 cubic inches .... using the same parts to build each motor (as in same length rods, same compression pistons, same heads ect)

Just a guess.

Zip.

that was my thoughts as well...... what would the cost be to get 40hp out of a mild 350 with world products s/r 1.94 valve heads? My thoughts would be more head at about the cost of 1200-1500 dollars, which is what im looking to get from the seller.....

I think im being more than fair. If im not someone please voice your opinions
Old 05-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Zipper06

Just a guess.

Zip.

that was my thoughts as well...... what would the cost be to get 40hp out of a mild 350 with world products s/r 1.94 valve heads? My thoughts would be more head at about the cost of 1200-1500 dollars, which is what im looking to get from the seller.....

With the correct tech supporting documentation, all email documentation, and phone records etc, the judge will likely give it to you.

Should the seller do the right thing he would square up with you and make sure the economics equal his documented representation of the goods; and accordingly go back to the prior owner if misrepresentation occured there as well.

If the seller does not make the deal equal to what he advertised and represented, I would file suit locally in small claims court. The costs are relatively low and you could represent yourself.

If you have everything in order, you will win.

Scorp
Old 05-25-2010, 09:10 AM
TonyLittell
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110
Zipper06

Just a guess.

Zip.

With the correct tech supporting documentation, all email documentation, and phone records etc, the judge will likely give it to you.

Should the seller do the right thing he would square up with you and make sure the economics equal his documented representation of the goods; and accordingly go back to the prior owner if misrepresentation occured there as well.

If the seller does not make the deal equal to what he advertised and represented, I would file suit locally in small claims court. The costs are relatively low and you could represent yourself.

Scorp
he seems to be willing to work with me.... he offered me the 400 from the Monte Carlo i traded him in exchange for the 350 in the c10... but he wants me to come to him 10+ hours each way to make the swap.... i work 6 days a week and have no accumulated vacation time nor do i have a truck or a hoist to pull this engine, nor do i feel like i should have to make that trip.... he said he isn't going to confront the original seller as he is "happy with their trade" and doesn't feel the need to.... not sure of the meaning behind that....

I asked him for 1500 which he says he doesnt have at this point. So I asked him how close he could come.... we will see....

Scorp,

how would one go about filing a claim with someone out of state? and what state would one file in as i am in VA and he is in OH. Assuming we cant come to an agreeable resolution.....
Old 05-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110
Zipper06

Just a guess.

Zip.

Scorp
he seems to be willing to work with me.... he offered me the 400 from the Monte Carlo i traded him in exchange for the 350 in the c10... but he wants me to come to him 10+ hours each way to make the swap.... i work 6 days a week and have no accumulated vacation time nor do i have a truck or a hoist to pull this engine, nor do i feel like i should have to make that trip.... he said he isn't going to confront the original seller as he is "happy with their trade" and doesn't feel the need to.... not sure of the meaning behind that....

I asked him for 1500 which he says he doesnt have at this point. So I asked him how close he could come.... we will see....

Scorp,

how would one go about filing a claim with someone out of state? and what state would one file in as i am in VA and he is in OH. Assuming we cant come to an agreeable resolution.....
I am not an expert but I have done a bit of research. Usually you cant sue a party in your home state if they aren't a resident nor operate a business there. Historically you would go to their home state to file suit.

And of course they were always betting you wouldn't.

However with the proliferation of the Internet and on-line selling, state case law has in some instances taken the position that the seller is running a business in all 50 states, so bang, you can file suit in your home state. Check Michigan as an example state.

So I would file suit in VA, and specify that he does business in VA by virtue of his Internet business. They should let you file there, and then he has to come to you to defend.

If he doesnt show, default judgement and then request the judgement be transferred to his state, for either outright collection or wages garnishment.

Forum users, feel free to correct me where I am wrong, but my research generally supports this position.

Its going to cost him more than $1500 after you win in court which you should given the advertised 406 is a stock 350.

Scorp
Old 05-25-2010, 01:05 PM
strdmn
SHOW GUEST

i'm here to say i never lied.yes i posted what was told to me which i told tony in the begining that i didn't build this truck my mistake i guess i should have listed that a fellow racing junk member possibly lied to me.i offered to swap engines with tony his original 406 for the engine in the truck.yes i asked him to bring me the truck engine and pick up the 406 .creating work and expence for both of us .he tells me the monte engine is worth around $5350.00 which is a great deal more than the $1500.00 he wants i would think the difference in value(money ) would well make up for the inconvieniance . i told him i would have his engine hanging on the engine hoist,or pull it when he got here .which i figured was more than fare . at this point i think it is just about wanting some cash.that i don't have to give.i'm having a hard time believing that the engine made that big of difference.i told him before we ever made the deal the truck was no race truck and have to think it being a 350 wouldn't have made a big deal in trading.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:14 PM
TonyLittell
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by strdmn
i'm here to say i never lied.yes i posted what was told to me which i told tony in the begining that i didn't build this truck my mistake i guess i should have listed that a fellow racing junk member possibly lied to me.i offered to swap engines with tony his original 406 for the engine in the truck.yes i asked him to bring me the truck engine and pick up the 406 .creating work and expence for both of us .he tells me the monte engine is worth around $5350.00 which is a great deal more than the $1500.00 he wants i would think the difference in value(money ) would well make up for the inconvieniance . i told him i would have his engine hanging on the engine hoist,or pull it when he got here .which i figured was more than fare . at this point i think it is just about wanting some cash.that i don't have to give.i'm having a hard time believing that the engine made that big of difference.i told him before we ever made the deal the truck was no race truck and have to think it being a 350 wouldn't have made a big deal in trading.
I shouldnt have to drive up to you and spend MY MONEY and MY TIME to come get a motor I should have already had.... I didnt go to you to make a trade and Im not coming to you to get it straight. I said I would take the engine in the Monte as payment (but it still isnt a 406 I was promised) but i know the guy that built the motor and know what its about.... I still will not pull the motor out of the c10 and return it even if I took the Monte Carlo engine. I would have to take the truck and pay someone 500 to 1000 dollars to uninstall the engine as I have no hoist or means to do such. I was willing to take 1500 dollars to make things easy and be fair. But now that I am being accused of just chasing money, I want what I was promised me. and I plan on using the 350 engine to pay someone to do the engine swap......

I dont have to be the nice guy here. I was the one that didnt get a motor i was told was in the truck.... and now I have taken the stance that I wont use ANY OF MY TIME OR MONEY TO MAKE THIS RIGHT.... I need a fresh mild 406 just as the ad and the windshield of the truck said....

I dont care what the guy told you was in the truck. I told you that you had the same rights as I do to get your money back, and you said you were happy with your trade with him and was not going to talk to him...

I was told I was getting a Fresh Mild 406 and thats what I want now. Im done being the nice guy....
Old 05-26-2010, 12:58 AM
strdmn
SHOW GUEST

Default engine

the problem we are having is that we both think we are trying to be fare.i was thinking that you would want to make the deal on the monte engine after you told me it was worth$5350.00and with being fare the way you want it i end up with no engine in my car.if i had the cash laying around i would send it to you just to end this.unfortunately i don't have the money,as i told you when we talked trading it was all i could do to scrape the cash together to get the cars and truck transported.if i could get them back to you i would happily do so.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:02 AM
TonyLittell
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re: engine

Originally Posted by strdmn
the problem we are having is that we both think we are trying to be fare.i was thinking that you would want to make the deal on the monte engine after you told me it was worth$5350.00and with being fare the way you want it i end up with no engine in my car.if i had the cash laying around i would send it to you just to end this.unfortunately i don't have the money,as i told you when we talked trading it was all i could do to scrape the cash together to get the cars and truck transported.if i could get them back to you i would happily do so.
what a motor cost to build and what one is worth is two differant things.... I told you I would accept the engine as payment. I also told you I am not driving up to Akron 10+ hours each way to correct the situation. I do not have the vacation time accumulated nor do I have a truck. I can not take the time off from work and still have a job. Plus as I said again I dont feel this is my situation to get straight....

Tell you what I will do.... Pull the motor and crate it from carb to pan and crate it up. get quotes on sending it freight to petersburg va 23805 and give me the costs. I will pay those freight costs C.O.D. when I pick it up from the terminal ....... I will pick it up from their local terminal....I will then sell the engine in the truck to pay for the removal/installation and to cover the costs of the freight shipment from Akron to Petersburg....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -