Any 331 Hemi hot rodders on here?

Old 12-26-2009, 09:20 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

Default Any 331 Hemi hot rodders on here?

Has anyone messed with a 1954 chrysler 331 Hemi? I found a old car i am thinking about trying to get running or pulling the engine to use in another old project. Any Do's and Dont's?

One other thing i am going to look out tomorrow is the bellhousing. I am thinking about putting a th400 behind it. If it is the short block people make a kit for this, if it is the hemi with the bellhousing made on they dont i believe. I was thinking i could use it anyway and possibly cut my th400 like i was going to put a ultra bell on it, but instead make a adapter plate the right length to get the convertor in and in the front pump. The hemi with the bell housing made on looks about the right length to do so.... Any old hotrodders?

Thanks, Keith

Old 12-26-2009, 10:15 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Hard to find parts for, small block hemi one of the first back in the 50's :!: I have a 241 red ram hemi upstairs in garage :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 12-27-2009, 06:43 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Did someone say HEMI

http://www.hothemiheads.com/

http://www.hothemiheads.com/swapmeet/parts.html
Old 12-31-2009, 05:41 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

my brother [THE CHRYSLER MAN]-whose 48 dodge pickup is in the readers rides section of the Jan issue of a Mopar magazine 8) 8) had to throw that in here :lol: :lol: ---does the old hemi's :? :? he currently has a running 331 on a stand and a complete hemi for building later on for FUN!!!
they are heavy -but-they are great looking stuffed into an old coupe or truck.
they can be very expensive to hot rod and build -but!!
if it is the old style with the made on bell housing--it can be cut off and redone that way--there are quite a few hemi nuts around that can help

if you do not want to use the old anchor then contact me 8) 8) :roll: :roll:
thanks Lively