'the YELLA BRICK' is loose on the streets !

Old 07-31-2012, 07:41 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I haven't had her at full sing for any distance yet, VERY spendy to play in the events I built her for. 3:23 R/P with a .73 overdrive 4th. I've got a 2:73 R/P for somewhere down the road to try at B'ville.
Holding this thing down below the cam in first gear is like reining in a fire breathing Thoroughbred horse (which I have ridden) Just wanting to GO !

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 07-31-2012, 09:16 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
OLDS YOU GOT BIG BAL--..
Naaaaah,not really... I just got a stock ol' Honda :lol: I tell ya what, it ain't nothing like these new bikes for sure,but for a '76 model SHE RUNS! It'll do 14o+ all day,any day. Start on the first kick in the dead of winter (admittedly very cold natured)and get 4-50 mpg on cheap 87 octane dog water. Thats a cheap fuel bill for a hot rod! I can't wait to punch this 750 out to a 970 :twisted: I bet I can hit 150 then!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 04:19 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

now i admit i hat imports.cars bikes whatever. but them things do run. i had a friend back in the 70s that rode a honda 750( chopped of course) man that thing would run off and leave me on the interstate. but a around 125 i has starting to float and that my friend makes my butt draw up TIGHT! WE TOOK A FRAME FOR A HONDA IN ON A TRADE. SAYS ITS FOR A 750 ITS A RIGID FROM THE 70S. I THINKI JUST MIGHT TRY TO BUILD IT IF I CAN FIND A MOTOR FOR IT. THEN sell IT LOL
Old 08-01-2012, 05:54 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I built a 750 back in the early 80's. Kicked the forks out, lower rear shocks, lower seat. Those 4 bangers are wide and have a tendency to drag the pipes on a layed over turn ! Really altered my activities when I 'discovered' that little issue ! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 08-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
I built a 750 back in the early 80's. Kicked the forks out, lower rear shocks, lower seat. Those 4 bangers are wide and have a tendency to drag the pipes on a layed over turn ! Really altered my activities when I 'discovered' that little issue ! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
LOL!!! I bet it did!! I found out camping last few weekends that you do not forget the compression release on my Yamaha 426 wearing tennis shoes while kicking that beast!!!! my foot is still messed up!! Already hurt by it & didn't even RIDE the thing yet. SAD...
Old 08-01-2012, 08:06 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
now i admit i hat imports.cars bikes whatever. but them things do run. i had a friend back in the 70s that rode a honda 750( chopped of course) man that thing would run off and leave me on the interstate. but a around 125 i has starting to float and that my friend makes my butt draw up TIGHT! WE TOOK A FRAME FOR A HONDA IN ON A TRADE. SAYS ITS FOR A 750 ITS A RIGID FROM THE 70S. I THINKI JUST MIGHT TRY TO BUILD IT IF I CAN FIND A MOTOR FOR IT. THEN sell IT LOL
Since you hate imports you should just sell me that frame :wink: I was dragging pipes,pegs,center stand...the works. It's a nasty feeling to be dragging hard parts at 65+. I finally went to a single pipe exhaust and ditched the center stand. No more dragging now!

Bikes are a ton of fun for the money. Any kind,any brand. Outlaw, I really hate to hear that you got busted up on one. I feel for ya man. I hope the pain eases somehow for you.