Fram filter question

Old 09-15-2009, 02:33 AM
chevyfireball
MASTER BUILDER

I don't particularly trust any filter, though I've had no probs with Wix. I change the oil and filter before every meeting.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:33 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by demented
The problems that came about from the Fram Filters was with the bottom of the line filters that they sell at like walmart or autozone. the racing filters are made with a totally different quality control than the lower grade ones. I have used the racing filters and have had no problems whatsoever.
Here is a link to look over http://www.fram.com/recall/index.php and I have had 2 customers destroyed their cirlce track cars because of the Fram filter coming apart but I Have to say that Fram paid for all the damages as one car had 40 thousand and the other was near 60 thousand and this car was leading the race when the filter came apart.

And NOW they finally listen to me and have gone to the WIX or NAPA filters and o problems, And once word travaled about their problems alot of guy have gotten away from Fram filters.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:51 PM
ARUSSELL
MASTER BUILDER

Wix without a question
Old 09-15-2009, 06:49 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

I wonder how long until fram changes there name?
Old 09-16-2009, 06:06 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by kwkracing
I wonder how long until fram changes there name?
Probably to Wicks... :lol:
Dave
Old 09-17-2009, 05:42 PM
demented
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by hink
The problems that came about from the Fram Filters was with the bottom of the line filters that they sell at like walmart or autozone. the racing filters are made with a totally different quality control than the lower grade ones. I have used the racing filters and have had no problems whatsoever.
Here is a link to look over http://www.fram.com/recall/index.php and I have had 2 customers destroyed their cirlce track cars because of the Fram filter coming apart but I Have to say that Fram paid for all the damages as one car had 40 thousand and the other was near 60 thousand and this car was leading the race when the filter came apart.

And NOW they finally listen to me and have gone to the WIX or NAPA filters and o problems, And once word travaled about their problems alot of guy have gotten away from Fram filters.
:shock: OK you opened my eyes to something I haven't read yet. I knew about the lower grade filters but never heard about a problem with the racing filters. Thanks for the link. Talk about scary!!!!! Every year I take down my motor and check everything. I ususally don't leave it until something breaks. That is probably why I haven't experience a major problem with my motor.
Thanks for the eye opener.
Wix filter's here I come.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:53 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hink

:shock: OK you opened my eyes to something I haven't read yet. I knew about the lower grade filters but never heard about a problem with the racing filters. Thanks for the link. Talk about scary!!!!! Every year I take down my motor and check everything. I ususally don't leave it until something breaks. That is probably why I haven't experience a major problem with my motor.
Thanks for the eye opener.
Wix filter's here I come
Another one coming out of hte Fram Filters closet :lol:
Old 09-17-2009, 06:50 PM
newjack42
JUNIOR BUILDER

Man em i happy i have always ran wix. the storys about fram keep gettin worse and worse. kinda scary. i have a few buddys that dont belive me about fram i will deffetly show them this thread and than let them make a decision.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:03 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I've been running Fram's for years until I read this thread from the beginning. Changed both my racecars to WIX and gained 10 pounds of pressure at idle when hot and 5 on my street driven rolling stock.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:04 PM
etchison
CRAFTSMAN

i run a injected sbc on alcohol i change the oil alot i bought a system 1 reusable filter one to check for bearing wear and it pays for itself in a year or two just my two cents