What a joke 4 lane racing is

Old 03-28-2010, 05:19 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

At least they had a large crowd show up. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Curtis
Old 03-28-2010, 06:15 PM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

that stunk.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:30 PM
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by andamo
I understand Bruton is putting loop-da-loops at the 500' mark next.
Now, that I would have drove the 30 miles to Concord for!!!
I still have matchbox dragsters that do that. I just have to put two tracks together now, I guess. Come to think of it, I never liked the three ring circus either. I always left thinking I missed something.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:31 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

HaHa,qtrmile2,

Hey Zip, Now I'm close to your age. .

Man i'm older than top soil, soon the be older than dirt. I've seen your picture and saw you on TV, you're not that close.

My only salvation is that i'm still racing and enjoying it @ 71. Chris Karmisenes (misspelled) is still doing it at 81. I hope i can also. I knew Chris back in the 60's and used to buy his used slicks. My car was only a BG/S car and only ran 10.30's. But back to the 4 lane racing. at least one accident can be attributed to the 4 lane deal and that being the Robert Heith crash, had this happened on a 2 lane race he would have shut it down, but since he couldn't see the other 2 lanes he tried to stay in it. It could have been a lot worse than it was.
Also there was a lot of unexplained DQ's
Example the cars once prestaged they had .007 to roll in or get timmed out, what happened if someone went in and lite both bulbs by accident, does everyone get timmed out if they don't stage in .007 seconds. We've all done this by mistake or on purpose to rattle the guy in the the lane. I do it all the time to shake up the compatition, it's not illegal.

Just That, It sucked in my opinion, and yes i heard that they did raise the gate entry fee for the spectators.

Zip.

Zip.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:14 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I love the 4 lane racing!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's 1 less round of racing that I have to listen to Paul Page's dumb ass!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 06:45 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

So, all the drivers become Lemmings - You will follow the others!!!
No mind games, burn downs, etc? :roll:
Dave
Old 03-29-2010, 09:15 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I would like to see (feel!) it in person! I kinda thought it was cool but Tim Wilkerson hit the nail on the head in a interview when he called it a "novelty". I know it was confusing for some of the drivers. I am hoping the finish converting Vegas to 4 lane so if we do decide to go out there in the fall I can at least say I saw it once.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-29-2010, 03:11 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shawnp
I love the 4 lane racing!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's 1 less round of racing that I have to listen to Paul Page's dumb ass!!!!!!!
Good point Shawn. He ruins the show.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Dave470T
SHOW GUEST

And while they're at it BRING BACK THE 1320!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 05:55 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by zipper06
HaHa,qtrmile2,

Hey Zip, Now I'm close to your age. .

Man i'm older than top soil, soon the be older than dirt. I've seen your picture and saw you on TV, you're not that close.

My only salvation is that i'm still racing and enjoying it @ 71. Chris Karmisenes (misspelled) is still doing it at 81. I hope i can also. I knew Chris back in the 60's and used to buy his used slicks. My car was only a BG/S car and only ran 10.30's. But back to the 4 lane racing. at least one accident can be attributed to the 4 lane deal and that being the Robert Heith crash, had this happened on a 2 lane race he would have shut it down, but since he couldn't see the other 2 lanes he tried to stay in it. It could have been a lot worse than it was.
Also there was a lot of unexplained DQ's
Example the cars once prestaged they had .007 to roll in or get timmed out, what happened if someone went in and lite both bulbs by accident, does everyone get timmed out if they don't stage in .007 seconds. We've all done this by mistake or on purpose to rattle the guy in the the lane. I do it all the time to shake up the compatition, it's not illegal.

Just That, It sucked in my opinion, and yes i heard that they did raise the gate entry fee for the spectators.

Zip.

Zip.

Sorry Zip, But I'll be 59 this August. Is that close? Ha Ha, I know how old you are and I think that's awesome that you do what you do. Like I saw somebody else post I hope I can do what your doing at your age too.
Good luck this season and keep on going rounds.