enclosed trailers

Old 11-13-2009, 06:02 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Here is a site for a farm and ranch place that sell trailers. It is in Roswell I dont know if that is too far for you or not. I do know that featherlite has enclosed car haulers that range from 20'-45'. I say give them a call and see what they are asking for the size that you want. It wont hurt.

http://www.roswelllivestock.com/trailers.htm
Old 11-13-2009, 09:07 PM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

Thanks guys... I appreciate the info. I was aware of a lot of this info already, but thought I would ask other user's experienced opinions for further reference. Since the original post was opend up as a "caution/beware" topic, I figured I could get some good feedback on what to steer clear of. I didn't mean to hijack this thread or steer in a different direction...

I am strongly leaning towards getting a different primary transportation vehicle for everyday use, and leaving my truck hitched up to whichever new enclosed trailer I wind up with, so I can just fire up and go.

I am familiar with Roswell Livestock just up the road about an hour, but I don't think they stock any enclosed race trailers, only horse and hay haulers. I am not sure I can afford a Featherlite this time around, even though I beleive it is the best of the best...

I watch this RJ site and eBay for all the listings, and what I have seen lately are prices "too-good-to-be-true", so I am really leary and hesitant.
I know the price of steel and labor has not gone down, so how are they selling these enclosed trailers in GA so cheap?

So, now I have heard the argument both ways about quality control and design, and still unsure about who to seek out and who not to. I really loved my Pace American Daytona Special, and wish I had it back, but it was way too much trailer for me... at least in a bumper-pull tag-along.

I will keep watch on this thread to see if anyone else throws in their two-cents on cautions and bewares... thanks, Jim
Old 11-14-2009, 06:33 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Now I believe Hallmark is another good trailer company too. I choose Featherlite due to their horse trailers being better than others.

You say that the Featherlite dealer in Roswell has horse/stock trailers on the lots they should have at least booklets on enclosed trailers too in the office. If you went that route you might have to wait for them to get the trailer in and that wouldnt be bad either.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:21 AM
DRTRCR22
EXPERT BUILDER

I agree Dirka... I will check into that. Thanks, Jim
Old 11-14-2009, 10:30 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Oh just in case I forgot to tell you this but.......

Welcome to the site and don't be a stranger to the forums. Lots of good info here.