Engine Lubrication

Old 07-14-2010, 03:28 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
Originally Posted by Tod74
Siempre he oído BRAD aceite de PENN es grande pero donde diablos hacer lo venden ? Ni siquiera he visto. Sé que algunos dicen es BP Kendal?
1??
I've always heard BRAD PENN oil is great but where the hell do they sell it ? I have not even seen it. I know that some say BP is Kendal ?
Thank you. I saw your signature said press one for english :shock: :lol:
Old 07-14-2010, 03:46 AM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by hammertime
Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by kwkracing
Your silly
:lol: Not only silly but AMSOIL doesn't even come close too some of the better racing oils.

JMO

Zip.
Zip whats good oil ? this conversation just went on on drr

Wondering what you run
Well David, now that you ask, NO AMSOIL blend even comes close to touching the 4 oils listed below, especially when running alcohol (i don't even know what gas smells like except when i fill my lawn mower or dailey driver)

1st- on the list would be-Branpenn
2nd- would be- Joe Gibbs
3rd- would be Shaffer's
4th- would be Valvine VR1

What do i run? Valvoline VR1
Because it's readly available and the other 3 are not without ordering cases at a time plus shipping.
All of them are in my opinion a cut above anything that AMSOIL produces because they want too be POLITICALLY CORRECT.

JMO

Zip.

It would be hard for me to believe that that the petrolium based oils are better then AMSOIL since petroium based oil start breaking down at 250 degrees and AMSOIL starts breaking down at 500 degrees.

Alot of circle track engnes we build rules will not allow oil coolers and all of our customers use AMSOIL with zero problems. The y seem to be happy with the results plus alot less oil changes with a good syn. oil

My self and my customers have seen th differance using a good oil.

In fact when we break cams in we use the CENPECO 20/50 as it has 2400 PPM of zinc and my next choice would be Brad-Penn as it has appox 1800 PPM of zinc.

I don't even sell AMSOIL but highly recomend it in my engines I build and my personal vehicles.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:57 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

been using shell rotella 15-40. Im not sure if it still has zinc anymore. opinion?
Old 07-14-2010, 01:10 PM
showbusiness
CRAFTSMAN

Been using it for years in everything ,all 2 strokes etc.,daily drivers and race engines with NO probs with anything.Only thing is it is way OVER PRICED but if it gives great results why change. JMO
Old 07-14-2010, 01:44 PM
contagious
MASTER BUILDER

Default oil

VR1 for me the last 10 years in the race car.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:12 PM
sneakypete
APPRENTICE

Best thing I have found in a non-systethic oil is Pennzoil 25-50 Nitro blend, is made for alcohol/nitro use, seems to hold up better than anything else in a conventional oil with alcohol. I can get up to 40 runs on a change and it still looks good on the way out, and does not "milk-up" bad like most others do. This is different than the 20/50 blend they sell, costs about $4 a qt. When I ran junior dragsters best thing out there was Royal Purple 11.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:40 AM
rob41willys
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by MEMRACING62
been using shell rotella 15-40. Im not sure if it still has zinc anymore. opinion?
I used to use Rotella also but I changed it often. ( I have drums of it in the shop ) but switched to Brad Penn oil and would never go back to the Rotella oil.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Engine Lubrication

Originally Posted by TodaysOil
Just wanted to challenge all of you gear heads to go to my website at www.TodaysOil.com and do your research on engine oil. I have been an AMSOIL Dealer for several years now and believe if you look at the Typical Techinical Properties on all of our oils, but especially our Dominator Racing Oil for you racers out there, you will find that we outperform all other brands.

Did you know in your regular vehicles or your tow vehicles, you can get between 2% and 22% better fuel economy just by changing your oil.
LOL!!!!!! I talked to your president/CEO back about 8 years ago at a auto product knowledge seminar in Portland, Oregon. I asked him: What is different about Amsoil as far as ingredients? His reply: "All Synthetic Oils come from the same place" Then he said: "It is what levels of ingredients we use that differs from others". I am not a Scientist, nor am I that knowledgeable about oils & racing motors, but it does not take a rocket-scientist to know that you are FULL OF BS.... BTW: "MPG" is not a big concern around here SPANKY.