racepartdirect.com?

Old 08-07-2009, 10:14 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

BBchevy,

Wow, this one looks like it is getting ugly. All over a $99.00 part. That is freaking amazing!!!!!!!!!

I have to think at one time or another we have all been in bbchevy's position, ordered a part and it did not arrive when we were hoping or the part was mysteriously placed on back order and no one called to let you know... Nothing gets under my crawl worse than that, but there is usually nothing I can do about it. Its out of my control.

I have seen the world virtually come to a hault over a $0.99 cent part that was not delivered as soon as I needed it. The level of frustration at a time like this is in-measureable.

In my line of business all I hear about are deadlines and even though I do my very best to complete all projects as scheduled, every once in a while there is that one job that gets my goose. I may not be able to make 100% of my clients happy 100% of the time, but I sincerely do try my dambest.

In the end the project is completed & they are happy with the finished product.

Based of the info I see posted, it appears RPD is closed on Friday. I did not know that when I called earlier today to verify if the phones were ringing or if phone dodging was occurring, but it does appear they are closed Friday's.

There are two good things I can see in regards to bbchevy's shipment.

1) It appears you are not going to get scammed out of your money like so many others right now in these hard economic times.

2) I checked the validity of the tracking info and it does appear your item was shipped on 8/5/2009. See link for tracking info:

http://www.usps.com

Tracking # 9101 0105 2129 7368 4056 55

As a third party, I am not in the position to determine who is right or wrong in this dispute.

Based off some of the information provided I can assertain the following:

It looks like bbchevy will receive his part, just not when he was expecting it.....

This may be one of those times when you just may have to be glad you did not get scammed out of your hard earned money and best of all be glad your part was received....

For the record, I have had some communications with BBchevy during a little trading here and there and I gotta say, I think he is a stand up guy.

I have also done a little business with RPD in the past and also just recently, I have always received top notch service from them, even after the sale.

I think we have two good guys here, who seem to have a disagreement regarding shipment of a part. In the end, it appears bbchevy will get his part and RPD will have fulfilled their order......

Hope everything works out for everyone.....................

ashbros
Old 08-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I know 1st hand that BBCHEVY is a stand up guy that will go out of his way to help a guy out.He mailed me a new oil pump on his dime with nothing more than my word that I'd send him something later.

The Race Parts Direct guy was on Pinks a couple of times and he seemed like a good dude on there...I KNOW that is just television but he was respectful to the other guy during negotiations etc...he even turned down a race because the race the other dude wanted was a guaranteed win for himself.....if he was a scumbag he would have jumped all over it and took the guy's car but he didn't. I know that is apples to oranges comparison as that TV show has nothing to do with this deal but I think it shows the type of person he probably is.

I am not taking sides I just think there was some miscommunication here between BBCHEVY and the person he spoke to on the phone...It certainly seems like Gregg believed the part would be sent sooner.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:41 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default ?>

Just want to Say a Few things here to the RESPONCES?
#1.I NEVER was Worried that i was GETTING Scammed?And Do NOT Beleive i EVER Said anything to the Sort!!!
#2.How Would You Feel when the Stoory Changed More than a Few Times about a Delivery date?Where the PRESIDENT came up with this Aug.15th Deal is BEOND Me?
#3.Tod,Yes there a Communication Problem?And He addmitted who it was With!
#4.The Tool Just Arrived,FINALLY?
#5.If you ran a Company?and your Business Hours were say M-Thursday 11am till 5pm(This is when I was told the Phones are Turned on?)Would you POST on the WEBSITE,NORMAL Bus.Hours M-F 9to 5,and Sat.by App.??
Now,Am i PISSED OFF about the Way RPD Handled this Sit.?YES!
If you Want to Do Bussinees with them,thats your call?
Will I Do Bussiness with them?If i Get a Call From the President stating that He was WRONG about What Happened here!
The Balls in your Court,RPD.
Later
Greg 8)
Old 08-08-2009, 07:47 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: ?>

Originally Posted by bbchevy
Just want to Say a Few things here to the RESPONCES?
#1.I NEVER was Worried that i was GETTING Scammed?And Do NOT Beleive i EVER Said anything to the Sort!!!
#2.How Would You Feel when the Stoory Changed More than a Few Times about a Delivery date?Where the PRESIDENT came up with this Aug.15th Deal is BEOND Me?
#3.Tod,Yes there a Communication Problem?And He addmitted who it was With!
#4.The Tool Just Arrived,FINALLY?
#5.If you ran a Company?and your Business Hours were say M-Thursday 11am till 5pm(This is when I was told the Phones are Turned on?)Would you POST on the WEBSITE,NORMAL Bus.Hours M-F 9to 5,and Sat.by App.??
Now,Am i PISSED OFF about the Way RPD Handled this Sit.?YES!
If you Want to Do Bussinees with them,thats your call?
Will I Do Bussiness with them?If i Get a Call From the President stating that He was WRONG about What Happened here!
The Balls in your Court,RPD.
Later
Greg 8)
Jeff Moll - Your website does not refect your comments about being closed on fridays.

Scorp

http://www.racepartsdirect.com/about.php

About Us

At Race Parts Direct, we specialize in engine induction development, design, installation, and custom fabrication. From a basic cylinder head package, to a complete engine, we can meet your needs. We have several package systems that will fulfill your needs in one order, or we can build a package from individual items to meet your custom specifications. You can depend on service and support after the sale that is second to none!

Whether you want a 300 HP Small Block Chevy “street peeler” or a 1500+ HP Blow-Thru Big Block Chevy, we can set you up. We can put your 3200 pound, radial clad street car into the 8’s! Imagine filling your tank with pump gas and pulling out on the street with an 800, 1000, or even 1500+HP engine under your hood! For you Top Sportsman and Pro-Mod racers, how about a 500+cid combo that will blow away your competition without the maintenance, broken parts, and inconsistency of a big inch Nitrous motor?

With our in-house flow bench and chassis dyno, you can be sure your components are fully tested and proven performers before you take it to the track. We don’t use our customers as guinea pigs to see what does or doesn’t work. To insure the customers get what they need, we thoroughly test the combos on the dyno and track before we recommend the combination to the customer.

Our Technical Department has an unbelievable range of knowledge and experience in Nitrous Systems, Cylinder Head Porting/Assembling, Cam Design, Fuel Systems, Rotating Assembly combos, Driveline Components, and Blow Thru Combos. We specialize in ProCharger centrifugal superchargers. We are constantly studying and working with new technology and developments in the Performance Automotive world.

We strive to accommodate all aspects of automotive performance. We supply parts for street cars, drag racers, circle track on dirt or pavement, pulling trucks, monster trucks, show vehicles, and even daily drivers. Don’t forget your Haul Vehicle. Maybe you are pulling an enclosed car hauler or fifth-wheel camper and need a little extra power to climb those long hills. Our theory is, “If it has an engine, it can be improved.”

Our online and call-in orders usually ship in 1-2 business days. Because of their proven reliability, we send everything out through UPS and USPS. If you would like to stop in, our Headquarters, dyno shop, head shop, and retail store are conveniently located on the outer road at Exit #135 on I-55 in Southeast Missouri. Our normal hours of operation are 9:00AM to 5:00PM Central Standard Time, Monday- Friday, Saturdays by appointment only. The chassis dyno is available to customers on any day of the week by appointment only.

We are an Authorized Dealer for Aerospace Engineering, Air Flow Engineering (AFE), Air Flow Research (AFR), Callies, Comp Cams, Dart , Eagle , iEquus , Extreme Velocity, JE/SRP Pistons, Jesel, Nitrous Express, PBM, ProCharger, RHS Cylinder Heads, Standard Abrasives, VP Fuels, ZEX, and more.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:05 PM
ss427nova
CRAFTSMAN

Wow, I called RPD one day with a dilemma over pin height for a super long rod on a long stroke crank. Jeff not only helped me by calculating the pin height I would need, he was doing on his luch hour and stopped eating long enough to help me out. I would still buy from him. Sorry you had trouble. Thanks to Jeff my 496 is thumping the ground. Now I just need to decide whether or not to junk the Pro Comp heads...... :roll: