American Military Veterans ! Get your DD-214 online

Old 02-25-2010, 06:19 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default American Military Veterans ! Get your DD-214 online

Please pass on to other vets.

It's official; DD-214s are NOW Online.

The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) has provided the following website for veterans to gain access to their DD-214s

Online: http://vetrecs.archives.gov/

This may be particularly helpful when a veteran needs a copy of his DD-214 for employment purposes. NPRC is working to make it easier for veterans with computers and Internet access to obtain copies of documents from their military files.

Military veterans and the next of kin of deceased former military members may now use a new online military personnel records system to request documents.

Other individuals with a need for documents must still complete the Standard Form 180, which can be downloaded from the online web site. Because the requester will be asked to supply all information essential for NPRC to process the request, delays that normally occur when NPRC has to ask veterans for additional information will be minimized. The new web-based application was designed to provide better service on these requests by eliminating the records centers mailroom and processing time.

Please pass this information on to former military personnel you may know and their dependents.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Pdmracing
CRAFTSMAN

You can also get a lot of your old medical records, Personal records & service ribbons & medals, The info they are microfishing is increasing all the time.

Also for vets with no health insurance, they have opened up for some era vets that were previosely not eligable, all this can be determined on the veterans portal. Even though you make the request online be prepared to wait for the answer or reply.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:26 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

how would i go about getting my granpas medals from wwII he had had them but when he did his second wife tossed them away cause they were to come to me. he was on U.S.S. Montgomery in bombing Pearl Harbor
Old 02-27-2010, 04:48 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dragonmaster093
how would i go about getting my granpas medals from wwII he had had them but when he did his second wife tossed them away cause they were to come to me. he was on U.S.S. Montgomery in bombing Pearl Harbor
WHAT A ROTTEN BEOTCH!! THERES A SPECIAL PLACE IN HELL FOR PEOPLE LIKE HER :evil:
Old 02-27-2010, 05:05 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

yes there is and by gods good grases she is there
Old 02-28-2010, 05:25 AM
gasalley
CRAFTSMAN

Default Re: American Military Veterans ! Get your DD-214 online

thanks man for the info. I know this will help answer some things for me.
Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
Please pass on to other vets.

It's official; DD-214s are NOW Online.

The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) has provided the following website for veterans to gain access to their DD-214s

Online: http://vetrecs.archives.gov/

This may be particularly helpful when a veteran needs a copy of his DD-214 for employment purposes. NPRC is working to make it easier for veterans with computers and Internet access to obtain copies of documents from their military files.

Military veterans and the next of kin of deceased former military members may now use a new online military personnel records system to request documents.

Other individuals with a need for documents must still complete the Standard Form 180, which can be downloaded from the online web site. Because the requester will be asked to supply all information essential for NPRC to process the request, delays that normally occur when NPRC has to ask veterans for additional information will be minimized. The new web-based application was designed to provide better service on these requests by eliminating the records centers mailroom and processing time.

Please pass this information on to former military personnel you may know and their dependents.
8)