Trans shield

Old 04-30-2008, 09:13 AM
FAST55BELAIR
SHOW GUEST

Default Trans shield

In process of running a powerglide on a 10.5 sec full body car. What are current rules for transmission shields?
Old 04-30-2008, 11:10 AM
topcat572
MASTER BUILDER

Default shield

I think it use to be 9.90s,not sure now. Remember You only have 2 feet and 1 PAIR. If It comes apart at 10.50s reguardless of the Rules it could do some real damage. They are cheap enough, especially the out of date ones. 8)
Old 04-30-2008, 03:34 PM
rob41willys
SENIOR BUILDER

Any vehicle running faster than 10.99 or more than 135mph trans. shield required. NHRA
Old 05-13-2008, 05:44 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I couldn't get one on my car on a bet... :? absolutely no room for one...except MAYBE one of those that looks like a trany case..
Old 05-14-2008, 02:40 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
I couldn't get one on my car on a bet... :? absolutely no room for one...except MAYBE one of those that looks like a trany case..
Talking about the CSR?That's what I got.Weighs like 3 pounds.Expensive,but so are prostethics My Dad used to make prostethics for a living.He invented the Joe Namath knee brace.Got 50 bucks out of the deal.Hmph :? Once made a leg for a black lady and had never met her face-to -face.Leg was the wrong "color" :roll: ops: :lol: She laughed about it.Get the CSR Tod,I love mine.Easy to deal with.Go dig up some of those mason jars in the backyard.....
Old 05-14-2008, 08:24 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

I hate to ask this, specially since you been nice to me an all,..... But I got to know, did that lady walk around lookin like she had half a white chick stuffed up under her dress? :lol:

suicidebomb
Old 05-15-2008, 08:56 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by suicidebomb
I hate to ask this, specially since you been nice to me an all,..... But I got to know, did that lady walk around lookin like she had half a white chick stuffed up under her dress? :lol:

suicidebomb
:lol: :lol: I don't know bud.I wasn't even a twinkle then,if you get my drift. :lol: :lol: Pretty cool stories from that place though.Bosses son lost his leg to sugar and would take it off to help shed weight so that he could fly people around on his hang glider :shock: He did the flying,all they had to do was the taking off and landing :shock: Sounds easy enuff!!