what is the deal with some people?

Old 09-14-2009, 04:05 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

thats a Good Story !!!!!!..man it happens that Quick don't it rabbit ?

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-14-2009, 04:13 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default $$$

Well You 2 Guys must have the BEST Luck in the US,cause they DONT Let anyone Carry any ammount of CASH into MICHIGAN!!!At Least Not at My HOUSE........!
Later
G 8)
Old 09-14-2009, 05:12 PM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by gungho
Yea that is too much $ for an s dime,that was kinda the 90's thing,no offense.but they are everywhere,I sold mine about 7 years ago,and pretty much lost my shirt...........
so my tube chassis isnt worth anything? i could understand if it was a backhalf. so whats it worth
Old 09-14-2009, 05:55 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

A guy out of alabama just thought he sold his 69 camaro. The guy sent him a 1000 deposit. This check cleared the bank.

Total price of car 20,000.00. The guy sent another cashier check for 19,000.00 and was scheduled to pick the car up the next day.

Pretty quick pick up for payment by check.

Well, the cashier check could not be verified at all. After several emails and attempts by the buyer to make other arrangement to purchase the car using cashiers checks, the buyer contacted the seller and stated "Looks like you made a grand off of me"

New scam send 1000.00 bucks for check that clears, talk to you like you have ebbn buddies forever, send ya a bad cashier check and pick up the car before you figure it out....

I'd like to catch a NGSOB like this in an alley. Me and Ol Trusty "Chain Link Jangles" would have a lil fun with him.....

Teach him what its like when you try to screw a good l boy....
Old 09-15-2009, 05:40 AM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

those are good stories!!!

your tube chassis of course is worth something...but its a custom car and the beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.so it is what it is...my buddy just about died when i picked up my tube chassis car no motor or trans barely any wiring for over 10000.it was a shell of a car.my wife just about had a heart attack when it came off the car trailer and when she asked what size motor it has and i said it dont have one....omg!!!but its like my third child...

im with u ashbro!!! just make sure the body is never found...
Old 09-15-2009, 06:05 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
thats a Good Story !!!!!!..man it happens that Quick don't it rabbit ?
Part of the reason I mis-counted the money was because I was counting it on my tailgate and it was SO WINDY it was blowing $100 bills everywhere and he wouldn't quit talking while I was counting. He was so exited he never saw the car until I had the cash + a check. That's why I didn't want cash, but I couldn't tell him no!
When I bought the Rabbit. I went into a small room and counted the cash 3 times before I gave it to the guy. I made him write a bill of sale that included that I could keep the name Rabbit on the truck!
Old 09-15-2009, 02:47 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default q

hey bj something like happens only once or twice in a lifetime. i was also mowing my grass a couple weeks ago when a guy and his family pulls up to my house. well i live 3-4 miles from the city and it is just weird when a person pulls up in your drive way. i thought they were lost but he comes over and asks if my truck is for sale! well no i told him i use it around the palce here to keep the weeds down with the drag and also to carry my welder/torch etc to where ever i need it. its a older 95 ford pu extended cab 250,000 miles but its in great shape but not for sale .well it books for about 3 grand and he comes over and looks at it and tells me does it run? yep it sure does .fires right up a/c comes on well he looks right at me and says is 5 grand cash enough to drive it off today? i handed him the keys.paid in 20 and 50s which i did count. never seen him again. o yea saturday at the races some one asked me if the altered was for sale. yep everything has a price.... mike
Old 09-16-2009, 05:33 AM
zipp45
APPRENTICE

Default what is wrong with people

some people on this site must be smoking something.Ill trade but the trade value is double,are they nuts or what ?some of the junk and I do mean junk on here ,is a waste of space ,and if trade is double,what makes it worth double for a trade? we all know times are hard but I see ads here and the stuff ain't worth a quarter of the price ,granted there are some deals too but majority are just a waste of time and space on here ,people get real on some of your junk for sale ,if you paid too much for it what makes you think sombody else is going to pay more for it or trade for double for what your JUNK is worth
Old 09-16-2009, 09:09 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

When I finally sold my trailer, the guys looks at it for 10 minutes, hands me $500, ask me tobring it to him the folowing weekend and he handed me the rest of it, $6500 cash. I counted the money, still in bank wrappers and signed the title and drove off. I really miss that trailer, but it wouldn't haul two cars.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:18 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: what is wrong with people

Originally Posted by zipp45
some people on this site must be smoking something.Ill trade but the trade value is double,are they nuts or what ?some of the junk and I do mean junk on here ,is a waste of space ,and if trade is double,what makes it worth double for a trade? we all know times are hard but I see ads here and the stuff ain't worth a quarter of the price ,granted there are some deals too but majority are just a waste of time and space on here ,people get real on some of your junk for sale ,if you paid too much for it what makes you think sombody else is going to pay more for it or trade for double for what your JUNK is worth

not speaking about anyone or particular situation...but i think i know where this trade price is more theory come into play..

1st off cash is King anytime...Cash talks Bullchit walks..

now if i got something for sale on here..i want cash and sell it out right, unless i state otherwise.

Now if i got someone coming along that Wants to trade Plus pay cash Difference...Then Yes its understandable that I DO NOT allow you the same price as i would with a Outright cash sell.

Unless of course i like what you have and want to allow the same price as cash...My option ( seller)

But if i want to help you out by accepting your trade in,,then expect to pay a little more for My item.......cause Now i gotta turn around and sell yourstuff to get My money....Hoepfully i know enough about your stuff to not cut My own throat by trading..

Anyhow this is where i think Most trade Higher theories comes in to play...its nothing Un-common.....look at trade in's at local cars lots, look at how much you pay at the gas pump with a credit card Vs cash....No difference here.....

If Someone don't like a man's sells Pitch...just pay him straight up and forget about it.

Just my 2- cents.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -