Got a friend..........

Old 09-01-2011, 08:41 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Default Got a friend..........

Ok guys I have a friend on the mustang website I am on and he is trying to figure out how much nitrous he can put to his motor without worrying if he is going to blow it or not. This is what he has in it.......

Its a 94 Mustang GT with the stock 4.6 block with forged TRW Fox pistons with stock rods. Also he has ARP Clyinder head bolts and enlarged oil passages for the high flow oil pump.

He says that the rods are good for 550hp but doesnt know how much the pistons will with hold. He is looking at either the ZEX or NOS brand kits but leaning more towards the ZEX kit.

If you need any more info let me know and I will ask him. I told him about this site but I think he is scared.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Dirk,

Read a article about few months ago about a junk-yard 4.6. They put a turbo on it & it dyno'd over 600HP w/ stock internals. Injectors were a concern; so those were changed along with a few other provisions. budget was less than 2500.00 for everything. With considerable boost, it held up good. Totally stock motor from junk yard Mustang.

I am not an expert, but on this motor w/nitrous it is more about fuel & timing at this point. Without proper support in the timing & fuel delivery department, it will kill itself eventually. I would think people would want to know what ign system (MSD/7ALetc...) & what fuel system (what carb/injection, jets, pump, reg, etc...) before taking a stab at that question. Scoot
Old 09-01-2011, 05:21 PM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

were the ring gaps set up for nos?
Old 09-03-2011, 08:37 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

The rings are set to factory specs. So what do you guys think?
Old 09-04-2011, 04:35 AM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

125 shot,