Old 12-05-2010, 08:42 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

Default BBC lifters

What BBC solid roller lifters are good these days? What are you using? Thanks
Old 12-06-2010, 02:54 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

I'm running the Isky EZX lifters .904 lifter bore. These don't have the needle bearings. I've run them two seasons so far probably a little over 100 passes with no problems.
I know there will be others that will say they are too expensive but when I was building my engine most others were having problems at less than 50 passes.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:49 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BEAST477
I'm running the Isky EZX lifters .904 lifter bore. These don't have the needle bearings. I've run them two seasons so far probably a little over 100 passes with no problems.
I know there will be others that will say they are too expensive but when I was building my engine most others were having problems at less than 50 passes.
X2 on Isky. They invented the roller cam didn't they?
Old 12-06-2010, 12:06 PM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Might be wrong, but I think Chet Herbert did it in 1949
Old 12-06-2010, 12:29 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by oldandtired
And he got it from the airplane industry and applied it to automotive use.

Curtis
Old 12-06-2010, 01:43 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by oldandtired
I forgot who it was. My first roller cam was a Herbert. Almost stock motor with a BIG roller. It was a Ford so not like it was gonna be fast anyway. lol Kidding. I loved that old 460 and it's still running after 20 years.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Mine are CRANE Ultra Pro. probably made by morel or someone else iduno. they were like $514. Hammertime had a place to get good lifters cheap but forget where it was.

stay away from comp. heard too many horror stories. I also had one come apart early but might have been due to me setting lash too loose.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:31 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Mine are CRANE Ultra Pro. probably made by morel or someone else iduno. they were like $514. Hammertime had a place to get good lifters cheap but forget where it was.

stay away from comp. heard too many horror stories. I also had one come apart early but might have been due to me setting lash too loose.
Yeah Tod the Crane Ultra Pro's are what I was gonna get originally till a friend had some that were starting to spread at the axle at 26 passes. The earlier ones were OK as another friend had over 550 passes on his. Most of the problems were in 2008 when I was building my 540. Your's are probably the earlier ones.

Hammertime runs Morrel lifters I believe.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:05 PM
hink
EXPERT BUILDER

We lean towards the .904 lifters in most of our appications and with the bigger body, axel and bigger wheel is a win win situation.

When running the bigger wheel you should let your cam grinder know as most .904 rollers have a .810 wheel compared to a .750 wheel on the .842 lifters.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74

Yeah Tod the Crane Ultra Pro's are what I was gonna get originally till a friend had some that were starting to spread at the axle at 26 passes. The earlier ones were OK as another friend had over 550 passes on his. Most of the problems were in 2008 when I was building my 540. Your's are probably the earlier ones.

Hammertime runs Morrel lifters I believe.
I built mine in early 2007. I hope I got good ones .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -