lifetime Chevy man switches to a Ford (for now)!

Old 10-14-2009, 06:42 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I'm with you, Scoot. GASSER CITY !!
Hey ! 'Bone could straight axle the 'stang !!
Old 10-14-2009, 06:59 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
I'm with you, Scoot. GASSER CITY !!
Hey ! 'Bone could straight axle the 'stang !!

Now thats not right :shock: :twisted: :twisted:
Old 10-15-2009, 05:01 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

take some deep breaths Scooter, count to 10, relax...
there, thats better :lol:
I actually am selling my bike too, I have owned a motorcycle of one type or another since I was 9 years old. I have lost a lot of friends over the last couple of years in accidents, some their own fault, some not, and have only managed to put 500 miles on mine this year. After a good friend of the wifes got slammed by a drunk driver on the way to Sturgis she doesnt care about getting on the back anymore so I figure between the Stang and the bike I might be able to find something we both like and can enjoy in our mid-life.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 10-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Yeah, sold the stree-bike when I had kids... if it is not my fault, it will be some elses.

I have an old friend who's father has a 40 Ford Gasser in the shop still. It has been parked there since he shattered the axel housing on a 9" in 1969... yes, 1969. This car was in HR in some 68 issue... he will not fix it, start it, move it... nothing. It is a burgandy red 2dr sedan w/ black tuck & roll, 327, 4 spd, the whole 9.... beautiful car. It sports Halibrand magnesium wheels on it & the original tires are all flat now. It has been there since I was a kid in the 70's.... never moved. He will not part with it, nor will he fix it. WTH????

Harb: I got off track again.... did I mention that you should get a gasser??
Old 10-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
Yeah, sold the stree-bike when I had kids... if it is not my fault, it will be some elses.

I have an old friend who's father has a 40 Ford Gasser in the shop still. It has been parked there since he shattered the axel housing on a 9" in 1969... yes, 1969. This car was in HR in some 68 issue... he will not fix it, start it, move it... nothing. It is a burgandy red 2dr sedan w/ black tuck & roll, 327, 4 spd, the whole 9.... beautiful car. It sports Halibrand magnesium wheels on it & the original tires are all flat now. It has been there since I was a kid in the 70's.... never moved. He will not part with it, nor will he fix it. WTH????

Harb: I got off track again.... did I mention that you should get a gasser??
Scooter,
well just how "old" is the guy?? I would KILL to find something like that sitting in a garage, does the old man like Mustangs, if so I got one I will trade him for the gasser! :lol:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 10-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Tommy Carter.... he is a good man. He is probably in his late 60's/early 70's at this point. It is strange that he has not touched this car in so long... I do not understand why he will not revive this awesome 40 ford. I have seen him build (2) 67 Nova's, & even a 64 falcon w/a 4speed & a built straight 6 w/a hand made intake/ 4bbl in the low 12's... interesting car... all in the last 25 years. They built a VW w/a rotary too... all the while the mystery 40 Ford sits there covered & nothing done to it since 1969... maybe he has a bad memory or something.