Update- Anthony J Finn Bellwood Illinois 3 fake ads

Old 10-16-2016, 08:33 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Default Update- Anthony J Finn Bellwood Illinois 3 fake ads

Beware of Anthony J Finn of Bellwood Illinois- Chicago.

Racing Junk ads in September 2016. Listed a carburetor, a nitrous controller and a fuel pump with alternator. The nitrous ad had a picture from another Racing Junk ad that said it was used, the fake ad said it was new. Racing Junk took down the ad but then another member name, same address, was created to sell again.

A male person representing himself as Anthony J Finn @ 231 Englewood Ave. Bellwood Illinois 60104, has posted multiple internet ads that appear to be fake. He posted pictures of auto parts that he may not own and took money for them and then did not send them to the buyers. He used multiple names but had money sent to same address as above. At least once he took a picture for a used part from another ad and listed it in his ad as a new part. 3 people have come forward to say this has happened to them. A complaint has been made to the Illinois State Attorney General Office, Consumer Fraud Bureau naming Anthony J Finn of Bellwood Illinois in the above acts, with written proof and photos of the ads.

Anyone with dealings with this person, please rely to this ad.

If Anthony J Finn or person representing himself as that person makes good on these acts, a retraction will be printed here
Old 11-02-2016, 06:21 PM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Update. I filed a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General, Consumer Fraud Bureau about Anthony J Finn of Bellwood Illinois 4 Weeks later they sent me a letter that basically said they did not think it applied to their jurisdiction. They forwarded it to the Secret Service it said. The Secret Service. Give me a break. Does that mean it is now a federal case? Boy Anthony is going to be in for some servalience now. Ya, right.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:08 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

The Secret Service, WTH??

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 11-05-2016, 06:02 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

The Illinois Attorney General, Consumer Fraud Bureau in Springfield Illinois sent the case to the Secret Service in Springfield Illinois, probably just across the hall in the same government building. Maybe they just were too lazy to deal with it and used the fact I sent a down payment on the carb thru a Walmart to Walmart transfer (moneygram) as an excuse to say it is federal.

I also heard again from the second buyer of Anthony J Finn who sent a bank check for a nitrous controller. He originally contacted me after seeing my first topic on this site and said he stopped payment on that check thru his bank before Anthony could cash it. Guess what, several weeks later he found out the bank did not do what they said they did and Anthony J Finn of Bellwood Illinois got his money too. That guy is filing a complaint to the Illinois Attorney General using the same form I used that is on their site.

I am going to contact the 3rd guy who got took by Anthony J Finn for an alternator and fuel pump to see if he is aware he can file a complaint.
Old 11-12-2016, 10:53 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

Today I received a letter from the Illinois Attorney General. It had copies of correspondence with Racing Junk. The state evidently did ask Racing Junk to verify the claims I made about Anthony J Finn of Bellwood Illinois. Racing Junk did verify they had closed down at least 3 different accounts he had started. They also provided all messages between Anthony J Finn and the people who sent him messages about the items for sale and his messages back. At least they did look into it. No results yet.

The state also contacted MoneyGram International and asked about the transaction I had with Anthony J Finn. However MoneyGram asked for more info, so that has not gone anywhere yet.