Has anyone else had a bad experience with Naylor Racing??

Old 12-31-2012, 02:29 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mrmopar622
Originally Posted by mrmopar622
[img]
This is page 1 of dyno sheets[/img]

As you can see, this is the way a real dyno sheet should read out. It should show the average 3 best pulls. I will put the graph from the pulls in the next section. Any dyno operator can look & compare the graphs to determine if the numbers are exact. As you notice, Naylor did not include that on his.

But he did prove what I have been telling him & everyone on here - a 632 cu in should make 1000-1050 hp easy with 1 four barrel. My engine has a Tunnelram & made a best of 947 hp at 6400 rpm, anything over 6400 rpm the horsepower starts dropping off. That means there is a problem somewhere, something is NOT right, that is what I have been trying to get Naylor to address.

PUT IT IN THE CAR ... IF ITS SLOW THEN BITCH .. IF NOT YOU BETTER SAY OPPS ...
UNLESS IT WAS DYNO'D AT THE ORGINAL ENGINE BUILDER IT MEANS ZIP ZERO NOTHING TO THAT ENGINE BUILDER ... I GUESS YOU CAN NOT GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD, DYNO # CAN MOVE 100-200 HP FROM ONE DYNO TO THE NEXT ... YOUR DYNO #S MEAN NOTHING TO ME OR ANYONE THAT HAS BEEN ON SEVERAL DIFFERENT DYNO'S ... End of story ...
Old 12-31-2012, 02:31 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I also have seen only 1 other dyno sheet like yours and I setup converters and carbs for customers off dyno sheets all the time. 99% of the time they look just like the one I posted for Naylor .. just sayin
Old 12-31-2012, 03:17 PM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re: Some people you just can't PLEASE

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
Originally Posted by proactionheads
IF I WOULD HAVE GAVE HIM THE ENGINE HE WOULD HAVE BITCHED. I DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO GET ON HERE DEAL WITH PEOPLE LIKE BILLY LOOK AT HIS PIC AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT YOU GET. E THAT. THE ENGINE WILL MAKE 1050 H.P I HAVE A DYNO SHEET HERE I AM POSTING THE 1ST EST THAT I WROTE HIM AND IT HAS 1000-1050 H.P NOT 1100 HE HAD TOM PUT THAT ON HIS INVOICE BEFORE HE LEFT AND I TOLD HIM THAT IT WILL NOT MAKFROM SOME ONE THAT HAS THE SAME ENGINE WITH ONE CARB SV1 AND IS ON Q-16 AND HE HAD HIS BUDDY DYNO HIS ENGINE NOT ME,IT TOOK ME A WEEK OR SO TO GET THIS FROM HIM.BILLY HAS A 632 WITH 15+ COMP AND MANLEY GAS PORTED PISTONS AND GOOD RING PACKAGE AND TWO RONS AKY WITH DART 415CC M HEADS WITH WORK ON THEM FOR (FREE)!!!! AND A COMP 4-7 SWAP CAM 285-296 318-337 ON A 112 WITH 800+ LIFT DO YOU THINK IT ONLY MADE 950 H.P COME ON WE ARE NOT THAT DUMB (BILLY) HEADS HAD NO WORK FROM DART NO SEAT WORK OR NOTHING!!! INTAKE IN THE PICS WERE DONE FOR (FREE)!!! AND WE DRILLED IT FOR RONS INJECTORS FOR (FREE)!!! IN THE ENGINE WORK BECAUSE I WAS DOING THE HEADS AND OTHER WORK FOR FREE HE SAID HE WAS IN NO RUSH,THIS WAS HIS LAST BUILD. I WOULD HAVE DYNO THIS ENGINE BUT HE HAD ALL MOPAR BRAKETS ,VAC PUMP PULLY,CARB LINKAGE ECT. HE WANTED ME TO TAKE A FULL DAY AND PUT ON FOR FREE WHEN DOES THE FREE STOP!!!! HE NEVER THANKED ME ONE TIME FOR ANY THING JUST BITCHED AND HAD EVER ONE IN THE SHOP NOT WANTING TO WORK ON HIS ENGINE!!! I TRIED TO SELL HIM THE SHORT BLOCK LOOK AT THE INVOICE ON HERE AT A DAM GOOD DEAL TO GET HIM OFF MY BACK, NO HE WANTED THE COMPLETE ENGINE BECAUSE HE SAW THE GREAT DEAL HE WAS GETTING, LOOK ON HERE AND SEE IF ANY ONE WILL BUILD THAT ENGINE FOR THAT PRICE.WELL EVERY ONE THANK BILLY FOR MESSING IT UP FOR ALL THE OHER GOOD RACERS.

As you can see from the highlighted portion of this, in Naylor's own words he is saying Tom put that on the final invoice. Look at my 1st & final invoice paid in full, the final invoice is a copy of the 1st estimate that Jimmy wrote 1100+hp on. Look at both of mine again & you will see that mine is the real invoice again, another lie by Jimmy Naylor.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:38 AM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

Default engine

well, the man should get what he paid for. If I enter into a deal with any engine builder and he claims the engine he is going to build for me will make "X" amount of horsepower then i want what i paid for. really simple. oh happy new year.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:14 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: engine

Originally Posted by badfordfreak
well, the man should get what he paid for. If I enter into a deal with any engine builder and he claims the engine he is going to build for me will make "X" amount of horsepower then i want what i paid for. really simple. oh happy new year.
And how do you know he didn't get what he paid for???
Old 01-01-2013, 08:06 AM
mrmopar622
JUNIOR BUILDER

Because I posted the dyno sheet showing it did not make the 1100+hp Naylor guaranteed it to make.

I challenge anyone that says my engine will make another 153 hp more on a reputable shop's dyno TO PUT THEIR MONEY WHERE THEIR MOUTH IS. I have offered in above posts 2 of the most reputable engine builders in the Southeast to pick whichever they prefer. I will bring the engine & dyno sheets. If the engine makes 1100 hp or more, they win the money, if it makes less, I win the money.

Racing Junk is a dream come true for drag racers. It is better than ebay or even facebook. If you need anything race related you can just about find it here. If you have anything for sale race related you can just about sell it here. But for this to be successful, it has to have some honesty because most of the time you are buying/selling to strangers. Everyone put themselves in my shoes, because the next time you buy, you could find yourself in my shoes. If you bought something from someone & it was not what it was told to you it would be, how would you feel if people told you - you got a good deal whether it was what was advertised or not and now you are stuck with it.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:07 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

And that really is the question, isn't it? Personally I wouldn't be as concerned with the numbers themselves as I would be with the fact that power fell off after 6400rpm. That sounds a lot like a potential fuel system issue......I didn't see any a/f numbers on that dyno sheet.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:30 AM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

Default engine

good question rabbit, read my reply again "should get what he paid for" how do i know he didn't? I don't, how do you know he did? he has an invoice as proof, seems like the builder needs to come on here and tell his side.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:42 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

It appears he got all the parts he paid for. Given he had the motor apart he would have seen something that didn't belong. I agree with the question on the A/F info. It may be that something missed in assembly. Is the cam in wrong?

I still feel this motor needs to be on Naylor's dyno. That is the only way to answer the questions. If it makes 1050 on Naylor's dyno then pay an agreed upon dyno session. Maybe a discount from Naylor to compensate for additional parts bought. If it is as poor as Billy claims, then Naylor should correct it on his dime and get at least 1050 out of the motor. Sounds reasonable.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:49 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Shawn you are exactly right.
That's why I posted IMO it was a mistake to get the motor without being dynoed from the builder. Mistake #1

I know it has been stated dyno wasn't in the agreement. Mistake #2.

I'm not concerned much about the numbers on the dyno as I am
about getting a running (with a base tune) engine. Things happen no matter how good the builder is. The dyno gives the builder a chance to find any problems and fix before it leaves his hands.

IF the motor was way down on hp I'm sure almost any builder would correct the problem ( even if it was a cam IF cam chosen by builder)

I've seen dyno runs pick up 100+hp from 1st to 4th run MANY times.

Different builder dynoing a new motor brought to him by an unhappy buyer is not ever going to look go for the original builder.

I'd be willing to bet I could get more hp out of that motor on my builders dyno, but I seriously doubt those heads (and other things like wet sump etc.) will make 1,100hp.

Let me add something about dyno results. I had 548 built using Merlin heads. I picked the cam, it made 798hp. Engine builder kept telling me he wanted to use a bigger cam. I raced that motor for a full season and at the end of the season we changed the cam. The new bigger cam made 868hp and I was tickled and almost didn't believe it on that motor. Long story short my truck SLOWED down a good bit (more than a .10 ) and I was NEVER able to get it back with that cam.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -