Am I the only Buick guy here??

Old 07-08-2007, 04:43 PM
bignastygs
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Am I the only Buick guy here??

I mean total Buick,not SBC or BBC powered.Its lonely at the top I guess... :mrgreen:
Old 07-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

HI, GOOD WE NEED BUICKS TOO !!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2007, 06:16 PM
alscoupe
SENIOR BUILDER

Hey "GS";

I used to run a '74 Buick Regal w/ a 455 back in the early 80's. Back then Kenne Bell was the only place for performance stuff. F'n thing was a screamer, just I can build more horse for the buck with a Chevy.

Whatever works for you man, my fav is my '50 Dodge coupe with a SBC and trans, Ford rear, Cadilac brakes, Monte Carlo tilt column, Mustang buckets, etc. Even got a '48 Desoto rear trunk latch.

Good Luck to ya!
Old 07-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Don't have a Buick any more but one of my most favorite cars I ever owned was my 1965 Gran Sport, 401 nailhead, factory four speed with the little mini console with the tach in it.

Sold that car to buy my house. Nice house, but I sure miss that nailhead!

Murff
Old 07-09-2007, 02:57 AM
bignastygs
SENIOR BUILDER

I have been into Buick forever it seems. I have a 70 that I have a 462 Buick motor in and I got carried away,I guess... :mrgreen: My intentions were to friday night race the car,but seriously it got away from me. I now have almost 3/4 of the car in glass parts. I have doors,fenders,decklid,hood as well as bumpers and now it seems everything needs to be glass or aluminum that I put on it. Even the gauges are Ultra Lites..lol I agree about the SBC or BBC being alot cheaper and if the right deal came alone It would be bolted in. I just like the torque of the 455.This car will be getting caged soon and I have a manual reverse valve bodied trans I will have to figure out how to drive as my last 3 GS'S were all 4 speeds cars. I plan to have fun with it and will even train my wife to drive it.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Seems like Buicks have a hard time getting respect, even the later GS cars.

When we had our '65 my wife's grandfather talked us in to joining the Buick Club of America. He was 92 years old, had a '47 Roadmaster convert, a '40 Sedan and a '40 Coupe. The '47 was his favorite but was getting hard for him to drive so when he was 93 he built a '69 Skylark convert with all the hot Stage 3 stuff he could find. That drop top flat out hauled.

Anyway, our first appearance at the local Buick meet was pretty sad. A bunch of duffers comparing the number of stitches per inch on the new upholstry to see if it was really correct. We were treated like the redheaded bastard of somebody's sister. Old boys didn't even want to admit that Buick made anything but a straight 8.

On the other hand the wife and I hit a Buick meet in Portland Or. on our honeymoon and took 3rd in class with our GS.

Yeah, respect comes to Buicks reluctantly.

Murff
Old 07-11-2007, 04:02 PM
bignastygs
SENIOR BUILDER

Here is a link to a pic of my 70 car. You have to excuse the multi-coloring.All the black except the roof is new glass parts.The other car(black) is my 86 Century Gran Sport 1 of 1029 made.

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/45840

AND

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2453055/2
Old 07-11-2007, 04:30 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bignastygs
Here is a link to a pic of my 70 car. You have to excuse the multi-coloring.All the black except the roof is new glass parts.The other car(black) is my 86 Century Gran Sport 1 of 1029 made.
Uhhhhhhhm did you forget anything?
Old 07-11-2007, 04:41 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

YEAH--EVERYTIME I HIT THAT LINK IT SHOWS A RAMBLER :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:
Old 07-11-2007, 05:02 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

THE LINK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -