What's your Daytime Job.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:37 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

We bend a lot of 5" 304 SS for them. We make stuff all the way from 3/8 up to 7" but most of our large diameter cat stuff(large meaning over 3") is 5" 304 bent on a 5" radius
Old 07-18-2009, 08:19 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Auto/diesel tech dodge/chrysler/jeep dealership :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 07-18-2009, 09:10 PM
gasalley
CRAFTSMAN

O'Reilly Auto Parts for 10 yrs now, counterman & merchandiser. been in auto parts for 20 yrs and an auto mechanic for 25yrs before that. hoping to retire or go part-time this year.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:12 AM
tcarda
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by Tod74
We bend a lot of 5" 304 SS for them. We make stuff all the way from 3/8 up to 7" but most of our large diameter cat stuff(large meaning over 3") is 5" 304 bent on a 5" radius
Hopefully the slow economy is not hurting the suppliers and they can keep going. At Paving Products in Brooklyn Park, MN there are many lines that have been shut down since the beginning of the month. Most lines will come back to work 1 or 2 months for the rest of the year and thats it.
Cat has a competitive teardown project going on right now and I have had the chance to meet a lot of different suppliers over the past couple of weeks and more to come throughout the month of July and August.
Sadly enough the diesel emissions are going to hit everyone pretty hard over the next couple of years as Tier 4i emissions are going to be implemented on the machines, but for my job there is some security there because of all the redesigns that are being done to the machines and the manuals that need to be done for them.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by tcarda
Originally Posted by Tod74
Hopefully the slow economy is not hurting the suppliers and they can keep going. At Paving Products in Brooklyn Park, MN there are many lines that have been shut down since the beginning of the month. Most lines will come back to work 1 or 2 months for the rest of the year and thats it.
Cat has a competitive teardown project going on right now and I have had the chance to meet a lot of different suppliers over the past couple of weeks and more to come throughout the month of July and August.
Sadly enough the diesel emissions are going to hit everyone pretty hard over the next couple of years as Tier 4i emissions are going to be implemented on the machines, but for my job there is some security there because of all the redesigns that are being done to the machines and the manuals that need to be done for them.
We are currently on a two week shut down without pay because of something CAT has going on right now. Things have been very slow all year, but are starting to pick up a little because they are ordering ahead ..something about the new emissions standards in 2010.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:17 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Daytime job

Currently I am a calibration technician at Kennedy Space Center. We have seven more launches and then who knows what I'll be. Guess only time will tell. Don't think there will be much around here. They plan to rely on the Russians for support of the space station. Wait til the Russians have a monopoly on access to space and see what they charge for sending personnel and equipment up there. There, I feel better. :P
Old 07-19-2009, 03:37 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

day job - baby sit my grand kids, night job - sign painter
week end - mechanic, and i love it :wink:
(my grand kids say i make the best pancakes)
Old 07-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by signsbyesa
day job - baby sit my grand kids, night job - sign painter

Nothing wrong with raising future slaves.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:30 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Machinist for a comtractor at NASA in Houston.

We built this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c2jN0k0k68
Old 07-20-2009, 05:02 AM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

FUNNY TALKING ABOUT CAT, I WORK FOR WAUKESHA ENGINE,(COMPETITOR) CNC MACHINIST FOR 10 OR SO YEARS, I RUN A WFL MILLTURN.ITS A STATE OF THE ART LATHE, IT CAN MILL THE DIAMETERS OF THE THROWS ON THE CRANKS. IT ONLY RUNS CRANKSHAFTS.

FUNNY ABOUT HOW OUR CHILDREN WILL TURN INTO SLAVES,SAD BUT TRUE!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -