questionable seller

Old 02-25-2008, 10:55 AM
mikeshemi
APPRENTICE

Default questionable seller

please be careful when dealing with Grant Hensley (fghensley)from Fort Worth Texas. He took my money then sold the rear end to someone else on the weekend before my check arrived. Now it is a question if i'm able to recover the $1200.00 that i sent to him. Transaction took less than a week but he couldn't wait on a deal from Ohio to Texas and involving our US postal service. Hopefully he will return my money as he has promised.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:32 PM
fghensley
SHOW GUEST

Default More to blame than the US mail

On Monday, 2/18, Mikeshemi stated he was going to the bank first thing Tuesday (2/19) morning to get a check to put in the mail to me. I phoned Mike on Friday to see if he had sent the check and he stated he had sent it on Tueday but also stated he sent a personal check, not a bank check. No check was received on Friday or Saturday. No check was received today either. I don't know what Mike means when he states "He took my money then sold the rear end to someone else on the weekend before my check arrived." How can I take money from Mike when I have never received any payment from him? Mike also stated that he was questioning whether or not he was going to be able to recover the $1200. The check should have been for $1249 including shipping costs. Did he forget how much the check was supposed to be made out for? The only thing that Mike got right in his post is that I promised to return the check to him immediately if I ever recieve it which I doubt I ever will. If Mike truly feels he might be out the money, he should stop payment on the check shouldn't he? Although it doesn't make much sense to stop payment on a check that was never written does it?

Grant Hensley
Old 02-25-2008, 08:51 PM
mikeshemi
APPRENTICE

Default questionable seller

I don't believe that it takes this long to send a check to Texas. I sent a personal check cause i wasn't in a big hurry for the rear end section. Make sure when you get the check that you tell everyone that it did show up and the postal service mailing date. Another ploy to cheat racing junk from its honor payment? I put a stop payment on the check this afternoon at a cost of 33.00. Obviously when someone gives you their word it isn't any good to you cause your word isn't any good. You state that you got your item sold--- good for you: I bought a new piece this afternoon from a reputable dealer. Both people are happy. Now go on with your life and quit sending me emails.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:31 AM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

Guys, maybe you both need to stop blaming the other. 2 years ago I sent a man a $35 M/O on Dec. 22nd for a part. The man said I did not send it. I was upset and was going to try and get my money back from the M/O place. Would have cost $18 for the $35 I had spent. So I forgot about it. April 15th comes and I get an email from the same guy asking me if I sill wanted the part? I said I did but would only do Paypal this time. He laughed and said believe it or not he got my M/O that afternoon in the mail. It was post marked the 23rd of Dec. All I can say is I got my moneys worth out of postage. Who knows where it was but it finally got there. So maybe this is along the same lines.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:58 AM
3dracing
MASTER BUILDER

I sent a check to Bill Mitchell for an injection system 7 years ago and have not seen nor heard from the check to this day.

Steve
Old 02-26-2008, 08:22 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I always pay the $.85 to have the envelope or package scanned when delivered. This is something i've always done and have yet to lose one, and for certain the recieving party can't say he/she didn't get the delivery.

JMO

Zip.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:13 AM
mikeshemi
APPRENTICE

Default questional seller

you won't hear from hensley that he did get the check as promised. He says he sold it to a friend that just happened to stop by on Sunday,knowing he had a sale pending. I wish that i had freinds stopping by that had 1200.00 in their pockets.First bad adventure on RJ. Probably the best thing that happened from my point of view. The rear end was going to turn out trouble.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:02 PM
fghensley
SHOW GUEST

Default Re: questional seller

Originally Posted by mikeshemi
you won't hear from hensley that he did get the check as promised.
Once again I am true to my word.

A personal check was received today, 2/26. The check was dated 2-21-08 and the envelope was post marked 22 FEB 2008 PM 1 T. Well, Mr. Micheal P. Raddish lied about the form of payment, he lied about when the payment was sent, and he short paid by $37. He promised to pay by bank check and mail it on 2/19. I specifically told him in writing on 2/18 the total cost would be $1249 including shipping and insurance. Instead of raising a question at that time, he put a cowardly note in with the check saying he paid $1212, which included the insurance cost but he didn’t pay for shipping because my ad stated the shipping was included in the price. My ad stated nothing of the sort. My ad specifically stated “Includes Shipping/Storage Transporter”. The shipping/storage transport case has nothing to do with shipping/postage costs, which I communicated would be $37 UPS ground. Here is the problem, Mr. Micheal P. Raddish didn’t do what he agreed to do. Instead he claims that my word is no good. This guy needs to do some self-evaluation so that he can identify that the real problem lies within. I will be sending the check back today as I stated I would and it will be post marked 2/26/08. He should receive it by this Friday not next Tuesday. Let this be a lesson to all that people need to do as they say they will do and stop blaming others for their own inadequacies. Being several days late and $37 short is the buyer's fault, not the seller.

And as for my freind that bought the item. He had a lot more than $1200 in his pocket. Raddish can only dream about having friends like I have.

I think everyone sees the real picture now as to what really happened. Can Raddish move on or will he continue playing the martyr?
Old 02-26-2008, 12:35 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

My ad specifically stated “Includes Shipping/Storage Transporter”. The shipping/storage transport case has nothing to do with shipping/postage costs

JUST CURIOUS --BUT---WHAT DOES THIS STATEMENT MEAN????MAYBE HE TOOK IT WRONG AND THOUGHT IT MEANT SHIPPING!! NOT DEFENDING BUT I THINK YOU NEED THE ADD TO BE MORE SPECIFIC 8) 8) ---ALSO YOU ARE SAYING THE CHECK DATE AND HE IS SAYING THE DATE HE SENT THE CHECK/ BUT NIETHER OF YOU HAS PICTURED PROOF OF EITHER ONE----I THINK YOU BOTH SCREWED UP ON THIS DEAL[ YOU BY SELLING WITHOUT NOTIFYING HIM AND HIM BY SENDING A PERSONAL CHECK]---------------MY 2 CENTS WORTH--LIVELY
Old 02-27-2008, 05:56 AM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

If I knew I had money coming in the mail I would give the buyer the benefit of the doubt and hold out a few days for them. Sounds like the seller jumped the gun to me.