They're here

Old 03-01-2013, 05:52 AM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by roadkill2
but they can't do much about the stuff that's already out there . .
They never would be able to find all of them either!! I've already got a plan to "loose" some of mine!

And along that line, whenever something is banned it only serves to create a "black market" and in the case of g u n n s, it would be MUCH worse than the illegal drug trade! And would be much harder to catch as well as a dog can't sniff out a piece of steel and plastic! :wink: Sneak the pieces in then assemble them afterwards. Sound like a plan to me, hey!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:05 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Basically, what I meant when I said that, is, they will have to not only sh*tcan the Second Amendment, they'll have to go beyond the Fourth Amendment concerning search and seizure . .

And when and if that happens, not even a USSOC decision would or could stop what would probably happen next.

A shooting war . . Pitting the citizens against a tyrannical government agency or agencies. Which is what the Second Amendment is all about in the first place!

And I would think that even these arrogant @ssholes would know that . . There are Police Chiefs and Sheriffs all over the country already telling both their state and federal legislators that they will be no part of assisting the Federal Government in enforcing unconstitutional mandates. In other words they have disavowed taking up arms against their citizens or attempting to extend the federal government's confiscatory abilities.

But you're also correct in the fact that if the "War on Drugs' didn't work, wait'll they try to enforce a firearms ban or even something like the Australian and Canadian governments pulled off a couple of years ago . . Ain't gonna happen here . . Think Fallujah times 100 . .
Old 03-01-2013, 03:58 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by roadkill2
Basically, what I meant when I said that, is, they will have to not only sh*tcan the Second Amendment, they'll have to go beyond the Fourth Amendment concerning search and seizure . .

And when and if that happens, not even a USSOC decision would or could stop what would probably happen next.

A shooting war . . Pitting the citizens against a tyrannical government agency or agencies. Which is what the Second Amendment is all about in the first place!

And I would think that even these arrogant @ssholes would know that . . There are Police Chiefs and Sheriffs all over the country already telling both their state and federal legislators that they will be no part of assisting the Federal Government in enforcing unconstitutional mandates. In other words they have disavowed taking up arms against their citizens or attempting to extend the federal government's confiscatory abilities.

But you're also correct in the fact that if the "War on Drugs' didn't work, wait'll they try to enforce a firearms ban or even something like the Australian and Canadian governments pulled off a couple of years ago . . Ain't gonna happen here . . Think Fallujah times 100 . .
They know they would loose their jobs at the next election, but somehow the people vote and send the dumbest idiots they can find in their community to Washington. I really don't understand how most of them got there.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:43 PM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by TheRabbit
somehow the people vote and send the dumbest idiots they can find in their community to Washington. I really don't understand how most of them got there.
The answer is simple my friend!! MONEY We have the best politicians that money can buy!!

What chance do you think a "regular guy" like one of us would have trying to get elected at the State or Federal level?? Truth be told that's exactly what we need but with things the way they are now, that ain't ever gonna happen!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:18 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I've heard interviews with the 2010 freshmen who we elected to DC. They are ASTOUNDED at the 'pressures' to sell their souls, and some already have....too many. They arrive with the best intentions but are slambasted from all sides by 'special interest', and more often than not fall for 'sins of the flesh' leaving themselves WIDE EFFING OPEN to blackmail/manipulation.....Welcome to the DC JUNGLE, punks....We wanna see you bleeeeed
Old 03-02-2013, 08:57 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Here's how it works . . And it's pretty much the same way in either party . . .

If you are selected by your party's committee (usually a "Smoke filled room") then you are given certain access to the party loyal contributors (along with all your cuzzins and other family and friends who kick in $10) who will "Help Get You elected" . . The "loyal party contributors" don't expect YOU to do much of anything. But YOUR PARTY will advise you on certain agendas that you had best advocate in every speech (Unless they're unpopular to most of the Indy's, then you just drop a hit now and then)

Once you're elected, your thoughts must turn to RE-ELECTION . . I mean, how else can you get all those things you promised you were going to do, done. I mean, One Term just isn't gonna be enough time to get it done in . . especially when you have all the stuff the big contributors want done first . .

Now, because you get contributions term to term, you're not "Selling" anything . . But you're sure as hell "RENTING" your services to the highest bidder.

And the only time the Home Town Constituent sees or hears directly from his/her elected representative is around election time when that person remembers that you're the guy who elects him . . Unless he has more money than God, then he may visit but mostly you'll hear Negative campaigning from him about the guy running against him . . And he'll be on CNN or Fox News a lot more than usual, to appear that he might know something you don't . . .

Until there's Congressional Term limits and a huge reduction in retirement percs for those clowns, don't expect to be represented in Congress or even your state legislatures . . And that will take an Amendment to change . .
Old 03-02-2013, 09:46 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

But, we're getting off topic here and I think the "Drone" deal is gonna try the farthest reaches of the Court's System eventually.

Personally, while I wouldn't advise anyone directly, I'll watch the skies, and because I own the airspace above my property, I will shoot down any of those little battery powered helicopters I see over my property. And then dare the owner(s) to come get it.

And that's what the average local PD drone is/will be.

I can already buy one that I can fly with an iPad or iPhone for a little less than $300 from most hobby stores that sell R/C stuff. (It's been on the market for two years) It will fly for about a half hour and it can be controlled totally remotely, out of line of sight, using two video cameras for control input. Make one a little more efficient and it can carry GPS navigation and homing equipment . . All of which doesn't weigh any more than a very small cell phone . .

Total package cost? About $600 . . . And most of the software is in your phone or iPad controlling device. "There's an APP for that!"

And going back to those "Jet R/C's" and their guidance systems. According to one of my R/C buddies, they now have a "Homing device and software" you can put in your R/C plane that is programmed to fly back to a specific GPS location if it's controlling radio signals are lost.

Now what it does if there's nobody there to land it is up for discussion . .

Hmmmm . . . ?
Old 03-02-2013, 09:16 PM
csx8506
SENIOR BUILDER

roadkill,
Not trying to hijack this thread, but how high do you own the airspace above your property?
dgh
Old 03-03-2013, 11:08 AM
roadkill2
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by csx8506
roadkill,
Not trying to hijack this thread, but how high do you own the airspace above your property?
dgh
Dunno. But if something is above you and enroaching upon your privacy, I'm betting it's your right to claim ownership and let others disprove it . .

So, if you can hit it with a 10 ga. with a Goose Load, there's a pretty good chance that there'll be little argument . .

And, quite like somebody shot on your property, if it falls on your property then it was/is, trespassing, in the least.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:42 PM
csx8506
SENIOR BUILDER

Roadkill,
I like your answer! I hope there won't be any argument, because I won't be in any condition to argue after I shoot a 10 ga., my shoulder will be gone!! dgh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -