Well known oil change facitiy ripping off women New Jersey

Old 02-01-2015, 09:04 AM
srwilson8074
SHOW GUEST

Angry Well known oil change facitiy ripping off women New Jersey

I am not one to point the finger unless I know someone is scamming people. Yesterday my Pastors wife took her Honda to a well know oil change facility and the tech there tried to take advantage of a women coming to their shop by herself. The tech told her that the thermostat needed to be changed and the anti-freeze was 1/2 gallon low, being concerned she called me and ask about the thermostat which I changed two weeks prior.
I assured her that it was changed and the anti freeze was filled unless she developed a leak, I let it run for about 20 mins, drove it around the block, made sure there was no air pockets, filled the reserviour no leaks. I question as why the would take the thermostat out with out talking to her first, she explained the tech said he can tell by just looking.
I asked her to please have the tech put this in writing so I could look at this list and fix what ever is wrong with it. I guess the tech got wise and would not do this. This has been the second or third time this has happen to her at this facility. I think this is something we as men should keep in the back of our minds, if you dont maintain your daily driver its something you should make your wife aware of when she just goes to get the oil changed. They always tell them air filter needs replaced $59.00 installed, wiper blades $48.00 installed, Cab filter $39.95 installed, Brakes $800.00, Struts $580.00 per set. I understand business need to make money but this is literally high way robery. Just something to make your wife or daughter aware of.

Last edited by srwilson8074; 02-01-2015 at 09:33 AM. Reason: My key board places doubble letters sometime.