2002 F-250 Trans problems

Old 04-07-2009, 11:59 AM
jed5161
CRAFTSMAN

i'd call edge tech line. they can assist you with what their program all controls. In tow mode it should be safe as long as you do not have some extreme shift kit installed in the trans. a "4x4" shift kit should still be ok as long as you dont use it in extreme mode for any kind of road use or long duration of driving.

It could be either way, just depends on how the company was feeling that day at factory i think haha. Best bet is to get you a good cooler and use it as a stand alone. Long LPD (low pressure drop) coolers are what we use and rarely have any kind of heat related failures. Only heat related ones in the past was because of abuse and/or convertor failure. Just make sure you dont have any restrictions of air flow through the cooler and should be ok. Also make sure not to downsize the line size though the cooler. Its a common mistake we ran into with trucks we get in here. Guys put a cooler on that reduces the line size from 1/2 to 5/16 and it kills em.