which tranny cooler is best

Old 03-14-2009, 06:30 AM
chevyart
MASTER BUILDER

Default which tranny cooler is best

B M maks a super cooler(radiator type of core) be cool make a cooler with a tube running continuously through it, and some of the companies offer a turbulator fin type of cooler. whic is the best one to run to get maximum cooling without aid of a electric fan or other aids. thanks chevy art.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:54 AM
jed5161
CRAFTSMAN

Tru-cool LPD (low pressure drop) transmission cooler. They have many sizes available for different applications. They have fins that are lay'd at an angle and are "flattened" for max cooling surface area.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:23 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

B&M Super Cooler works good with the fan
Old 03-16-2009, 12:31 PM
ashtrak
MASTER BUILDER

X2 on the B&M
Old 03-16-2009, 05:26 PM
kicker91laser
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Not to butt in, but is it possible to go with too large of a cooler or is it a good idea to go with the largest that will fit for the application?
Old 03-16-2009, 11:52 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

You can never go wrong going big here, a old A/C condenser works great.
Its best to run both an external and a internal cooler, most dont because of the added weight and the fact that most aftermarket radiators arent equiped with internals anymore but if you can use a rad with a cooler in it>by all means do it.
Cp
Old 03-18-2009, 11:15 PM
chevyart
MASTER BUILDER

Default tranny coolers

i just cant believe it is a good idea to put the hot tranny fluid in the engines radiator. its hard enough to keep the cars cool from just the engines coolant running through them ( i have a 75 vega and large size radiator installs are next to impossible, so i want to use my radiator for the engine only and a separate tranny cooler for the trans. i like the idea of the B&M cooler that is 1 1/2 " thick and is 8"x11" and Fluidyne makes one for deisel trucks that aRE 2" thick and are 11"x12" that sound like my best bet to get max trans cooling. what do you guys think thanks chevy art