How Much To Charge A Sponsor?

Old 12-29-2007, 10:49 AM
pappy1
APPRENTICE

Default Re: sponsorship?

Originally Posted by srracing26
does anyone have a sample copy of a proposal thats where i am comfused. thanks The ODOM-inator
I'm looking for the same thing. Anyone willing to help me out?
Old 03-15-2008, 09:49 AM
sledgehammer
JOURNEYMAN

Originally Posted by marshalllhancock
We have tried for a number of years to get sponsors in on the Outlaw 10.5 stuff with very little success. Part of the problem is that the organization that we race in limits sponsorship advertising to the windows, hood scoop, and rear quarter panels. It has proven very hard to find a good primary sponsor to help offset the $150k investment that has come out of our pocket. I feel the same way about the decals as most of you. We did put the decals on for the NMRA events that actually pay contingency but at any other event the car is clean and devoid of decals. We would be happy to advertise but after investing so much money it is hard to give away anything for free. I am happy to give credit where it is due and Tony Aiken of TCI has been very helpful in supplying torque converters for us last season and Lance Styck of Custom Performance has donated his toterhome and trailer as well as fuel for us to race with the NMRA this year. We got a "very small" break on the paint job and wore that company name on the car for a few events as well. I guess that the advertisement is directly associated with the amount of help that a company provides.

I have had a lot of interest in our professionally prepared proposals in the past but every company that we sent one to for primary sponsorship tells us the same thing. There is not enough advertisement area available on the car to justify the expense of a primary sponsorship spot for them.

This is all a little discouraging but Outlaw racing is something that we are really passionate about so we will continue searching for that "right" sponsor for our team.

Next season we will have an Outlaw Limited Street car as well as a NMRA/FFW Pro 5.0 car and an ADRL Extreme 10.5 Mustang that we will be racing under the Custom Performance banner. Hopefully having a team mate that can advertise anywhere on the car will help us out tremendously but time will tell.

Marshall Hancock
Hancock Racing

NMRA 10.5 Outlaw #8
Marshall....we have talked on different forums. Here's a little tip for the next time someone says there is not enough space on the car. We don't have cameras follow us down the track like they do in roudy round and think about it.....it is not easy to see the companies on Pro-Stockers and Pro-Mods unless it covers the whole car.

Approach them like the bike riders in the Tour-de-France. We offer more space than the do right?????? It is not what you do on the track that gets them customers....it is what you do when those potential customers approach you in the pits or at car shows and other functions. Who is going to be able to see companies on the side of a car going by them at 100 to 200mph???? And you sure as heck can't tell them talk to them and tell them about your sponsors at that time either.

As in sales....when a potential client/customer says "no" and tells you why, that is another chance to convince them why they should say YES.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:21 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

At the very core of the term 'Sponsorship' is that it is ' BUSINESS NAME EXPOSURE',..nothing more, nothing less. You cannot guarantee that they will reap monetary gain. You CAN promise professional representation, business name exposure at races, events, in media and as you tow your rig down the road. It all depends on an effective and dedicated program that gives them MORE than what they pay for.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:25 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

All you can get :!: :!: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-03-2009, 01:49 PM
s17racing
SHOW GUEST

You will here a thousand no's before you will a yes. You want to do your home work about the company first, as far as what YOU can offer to the company in return of a sponsorship deal. And you want to try to get your name out there so do what ever you can to promote yourself. I myself have been looking for sponsorship for Arca and possably the Camping World Truck Series. It is not an easy task with out knowing some one that knows a buisness owner. But so far all the info I have read in this topic is very usefull, and honest. With the economic chalenges we all face sponsorship is going to be hrder to find. Good luck.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:59 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I think that with the major sponsors pulling back on their BIG marketing partners, that it opens up a few more possibilities for one or two smaller partners, hence less advertising monies spent but staying in the game they were in. HOWEVER, you need to give them a whole lot more for their support, as they are used to a certain level of participation.