Cars and the PRICES!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 01:32 PM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

I've been in this game for a long time. The ads that make me fall out laughing is the people that think they can spend 25-50K or more on something and then someone wants to give them their money back. Come on, this sport is like gambling, there's no real winners just the fun of spending the money and driving it. I like pro street style cars with the stock dash's left in them in them. First thing that kills these ads for me is Nicest Prostreet on Racing junk, and there's nothing left of the car they started with. All aluminum panels, dash, door panels and lexan windows. I guess I should be able to get $ 100,000 out of my #'s matching 71 SS/RS 396 Camaro then. Even with the flowmasters and TT II's. ROFLMAO :lol:
Old 03-04-2008, 06:49 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Default prices

I don't know if I price mine too high or not, but if someone thinks it is to high and wants to make me an offer all I can do is say "no". I have advertised a car too high before to get my wife off my back about having to many cars!! Its advertised, if someone wants it, here it is, if not, no back pain! But, I also have to say I am not going to disrespect a person by telling them what there car should be worth to them ,I only know what it is worth to me. I as well as everyone here has overpaid for something they WANTED and not needed. Like tham daxx boat of mine! Anyone interested in a boat? Ok different subject.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:35 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

We don't all have your money,Rudy.But I will in a little bit :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 03-05-2008, 03:57 AM
Oldewalnut
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Re: prices

Originally Posted by hollowayshotrods
But, I also have to say I am not going to disrespect a person by telling them what there car should be worth to them ,I only know what it is worth to me. .
This is a very good comment. Hope you don't mind that I lifted it out of you post.

The crux of this is, WHY do many people out there post a sale but give NO price? Wanting the prospective buyer to make them an offer? That's just plain dumb. If you're selling something, YOU know how much you'd like to get, put it out there, give us something to work with. Or, better yet, if it's not in our price range, we don't either waste each others time or more to the point, how many offers have you, the seller, potentially missed?

Another thing, ads with no photos. Parts are another matter, we should all know what a set of rods, a crank, a transmission, et al; look like. I can call and talk with you, if I'm in the market for these. But, if you're advertising a vehicle, I want, at least a rudimentery shot, again, give us something to work with. Just like looking for a woman at the bar, a little eye candy goes a long way.

I've stated before, the car auction shows have inflated prices.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:23 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

I personally like to see a picture of anything.I know what you mean about rods and cranks.But with so many scammers out there I put up pictures of everything.Kinda like saying"hey,I really do have this,not just trying to rob you".But that's just me.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:17 AM
farnson
SHOW GUEST

I had an older Chevy PU that got totaled, I used it to haul construction debris from my work sites. The insurance co gave me $1400.00. I can't find a similar truck for less than $3500.00. They said they don't go by KBB which says the truck was worth $2700.00.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:46 AM
JPdustnya72
APPRENTICE

Amen on the BJ comments. A bunch of drunk rich guys who would fall out of a decent straight liner if he tried to drive it.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:14 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Default trade

Prime example of trade price see ad#1155037 :lol: :lol:
Old 03-20-2008, 01:43 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: trade

Originally Posted by mopar1968
Prime example of trade price see ad#1155037 :lol: :lol:
Makes alot of sense,don't it?? :roll: