Dragster front suspension information wanted....

Old 02-17-2008, 03:37 PM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Dragster front suspension information wanted....

I am thinking about having my car front suspended by Diamond Race Cars and I was wondering if anyone has had this done and how did they like it...

My car is a hard tail and I cant afford to have it backhalved, so this looks like the next best thing to keep the bouncing down in the shutdown..

thanks for any advice...
Old 02-17-2008, 04:04 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Yep. Been there and done that. Have had one with front struts and another with the front mono shock. Both cars also had rear swingarm. Dan Lubinski at PSP in Oberlin, OH did ours. He just finished Dave Perotti's IT car and should have or be getting Bill Prest Jr's Danny Nelson hard tail for front half. Should be around $1200-$1400 to do it.

[/img]
Old 02-17-2008, 05:51 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Dragster front suspension information wanted....

Originally Posted by DragsterJosh
I am thinking about having my car front suspended by Diamond Race Cars and I was wondering if anyone has had this done and how did they like it...

My car is a hard tail and I cant afford to have it backhalved, so this looks like the next best thing to keep the bouncing down in the shutdown..

thanks for any advice...
I just got my first Dual suspended car back from Diamond in Nov. I had Dan (owner of diamond) do a swingarm on a 01 Racecraft in 03 and it worked awesome, so for me going back was a good/wise choice. He does top notch work.
I had him do both swingarm and front suspension to mine this time, he also did a lot of little things, dash motor plates, mounts,pedals,knee tray, wire holes in the chassis, really made it a new car for me. Price was good time period was just what he said it would be and he is always willing to go the extra mile.

Here is a few pics from when I got it back. If you'd like to see more just let me know.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:10 AM
dcarr511
JUNIOR BUILDER

real interesting set up ... does the rack move with the front suspension ?
Old 02-18-2008, 10:32 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Yes the rack is hooked the front and everything moves. The steering shaft pivots with it in the front.