Why is Arkansas considered the middle of nowhere?

Old 01-12-2008, 07:13 PM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Why is Arkansas considered the middle of nowhere?

:?: I'm wondering why so many people shy away from Arkansas cars or anything they have to come get? I have bought off this site a few times and even done some trading, but yet to sell anything outright. The same can be said about ebay too. I have driven from here to NJ, FL, CO, and even WY and yet to complain about it being too far. Just a boring time until I get to see the car/thing I went after and then it makes it worth the trip. I drove from here to Ohio for a Camaro and even had an anxiety attack 100 miles from home and was kept in the hospital over night and worried more about the car then myself, LOL. But when I sell anything someone will need to drive for. I always get reasons like; it's too far to drive, if you could lower the price so the gas wouldn't kill me, or better yet can you deliver it for free? Somewhere I need to figure out where to dismantle the CHARITY FOR EVERYONE BUT ME sign from being on posted ads. LOL P.S I know there are more of you gearheads out there that drive for your toys too. Just seems like nothing sells from here that someone has to come get, unless your giving it away.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:44 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Maybe you should tell them in your ad that Pine Bluff Ar. has the largest single female population in the USA, but don't tell them they can only visit on the weekends.
Just kiddin, i'm only 60 miles from Ar. I drove 625 miles to pick up my Anglia in Texas and hated every minute of it, but the drive was worth it. Some people just donot like to travel and then want something for nothing.

JMO

Zip.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:53 PM
rsrsfishslayers
MASTER BUILDER

try living on the west coast I live in Oregon and every ad I put on I get a call at 7am to ask if it is still for sale I guess they dont know there is a time thing happening any everyone that calls are in the deep south or east coast I wish there were more guys on here from the west coast. Arkansas did we have a president from there. Anyway same here I had to meet a guy part way that turned out to be a 4 day trip. Need to find more guys out here to buy sell or trade with.
CPT.RON
Old 01-13-2008, 12:07 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Oregon, is that in the United States, just curious.

Zip.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:32 AM
bignastygs
SENIOR BUILDER

I would tell the prospective purchasers that there is on of the biggest brothels in your town and its freebie night for out of towners on whichever day they decide to come pick up your stuff... :mrgreen:

Really, I understand about the driving and gas thing,but if there is a car that I want, I just get it in my head that that's what I'll have to do if I want it badly enough. I have a guy right now who offered up 2 more parts cars like my current ones, that lives in the state of Indiana. If I had room to store them inside until I could strip them,I'd be out there. Its 9 hours 1 way but that wouldn't stop me. The room issue is my problem. I have even driven 700 miles 1 way yo VFN in Illinois and made it a visit with some good friends while I was otu there. It seems like whenever I schedule these trips,gas goes up 25 cents a gallon..Oh well, its only money and I can make more..
Old 01-13-2008, 05:43 AM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

Unfortunately, we did have 1 from here and they are running again under the name Billary, LOL. I always have a good laugh when I'm browsing through cars. The biggest joke for my wife is; I found a car!, where is it?, and then she goes never mind, it's in NJ isn't it. We made 3 trips there and back with in a year and a half. And always drove straight through. As far as gas prices goes, I never worry about it going. It's always after I get the car loaded and watch the gauge move. 15mpg on the way up and 7 on the way back. But it is only money, seems like that is the only thing I don't ever have a supply of, LOL. Anyway from where I live all the good deals are on the coasts or up north. I know some of you up north probably say the same when your looking. It's just I always get the your in the middle of nowhere and not worth the drive.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:58 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06

Zip.
yes zip it is right below the heavy taxed, but beautiful state of WA.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:20 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by spib
Originally Posted by zipper06

Zip.
yes zip it is right below the heavy taxed, but beautiful state of WA.
Just Kiddin, Mark,
in fact i'm looking at a set of Zoomies, that Doug Gray, had on his 34 willy's woody. He up in your part of the country and has had a number of willy's, he's now building willy's rodster.

Zip.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:56 PM
nofear57
EXPERT BUILDER

Man can I relate to this distance thing. I'm from the middle of Canada,4 hours north of Minot North Dakota. I bought my 23T-Altered from Indiana in Jan. 3 years ago,wow what a drive. Went from -5 to plus 60 back to -5 and a snow storm!
I would love to buy a vette right now in Tenn. but the guy has someone looking at it tommorrow. Kinda hard when I'm 2000 miles away. O'well maybe I'll just go shovel the drive way
Old 01-14-2008, 07:40 AM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

I know all about makin the drive too. In june we went from Ohio to almost myrtle beach to pick up my dragster(1350 mile round trip), then in dec we drove 70 and 67 c10s to georgia to trade(1400 mile round trip). and neither trip did I mention anything about gas money or time. I have no problem driving like that for a nice deal, but what kills me is when someone wants you to drive that far to trade 1000 dollar cars... i have drove a little over 5000 miles this year trading cars...

My wife jokes that if it is close, or shiny, or runs that I wont be interested in it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -