Profiler BBC heads

Old 05-18-2011, 09:43 AM
coolracing
MASTER BUILDER

Default Profiler BBC heads

Anyone have any input on these heads good, bad, or whatever need info looking at the jr heads for a 509c.i. BBC any info would be great.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:35 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Profiler is good stuff. Most of the top Pro Stock trucks in mud racing run the 12* heads on 632's and 706's. Not sure about the head you're asking about.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:52 PM
jed5161
CRAFTSMAN

i have a set of cnc 365's on my 605. they're a little small for the cubic inch but its all i had when i build the bottom end. Main problem i have with them is the intake rocker stand bolt holes. Some of them run directly into the runner and they are just threaded into the aluminum. With the t&d setup, you torque them up a couple times and you've got the threads pulling out of them.
Biggest disapointment was the intake manifold. I got one of the first sniper 2's and spend 800 dollars having it ported after being told i would ruin it if i had it ported. We picked up over 2 tenths (4.95 to a 4.72) and dropped exhaust temps from 1200-1230 to 1030-1050. Thats not changing ANYTHING else.
Maybe they've changed since i got my stuff 2-3 years ago...i can only speak from what i've been through with them. Hope it helps ya out!