RON'S FLYING TOILET "ANOTHER FIRST TIME USER"

Old 01-09-2012, 09:02 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
Originally Posted by SPEEDNEEDS1
SORRY TO SOUND DUMB, BUT I AM A FIRST TIME USER. HOW DO I SET BARRELL VALVE LEAKDOWN?? I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THAT NOR KNOW WHAT IT REALLY DOES. THANKS FOR ALL OF THE REPLIES SO FAR. CAN'T WAIT UNTIL RACE SEASON SO I CAN GIVE RESULTS........ THANKS.
Do yourself a big favor, and read the info on this link

http://www.killerrons.com/why.cfm
Good point David,

Secondly leakdown testers can be purchased from $60.00 to $100.00 dollars, they also work on stacks injection as well as Hats injection. i keep mine in my trailer at all times. It seems like when i go to the track someone is asking to help them set their injection up when they are having problems.

Zip.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:29 PM
SPEEDNEEDS1
SENIOR BUILDER

I READ THAT PAGE ON RON'S SITE AND HAVE ALOT BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT EVERYTHING DOES NOW, SOUNDS REALLY SIMPLE. I THINK AFTER GETTING THE CAR RUNNING IT WILL EASY TO MAKE FINE TUNE ADJUSTMENTS.

AS FAR AS A PRIMER, CAN I USE A NOS PLATE, CAP OFF THE NOS AND JUST SPRAY GAS WITH FUEL SOLINOID WIRED TO A PUSH BUTTON???? LOOKS LIKE IT WILL WORK TO ME.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:10 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I personally don't use gas primer, but on the 514 Ford he has one with a 1 gas tank and uses it to warm the car up on gas which heats the engine up quicker than alcohol. I just spin the engine over a few times to get the oil pressure up and then give it a shot of gas to fire it up from a squirt can. After it's been warmed up which i do with the fuel 1/2 shut off (this helps stop oil milking) and let it idle to about 180 degrees. The big trick with Rons stuff is to shut the engine off and close the fuel shutoff at the same time, that way the fuel doen't leak back down, it then starts like a carberator after it's warmed up. I also go the the burn out box with the fuel shutoff at 1/2 open to keep the temperature up and then open the fuel all the way up. If you follow this procedure you will be amazed how well they work. Tuning a toilet bowl is easier that tripping over a log once you understand them, same with stacks injection or a hat injection.

JMO

Zip.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:53 PM
SPEEDNEEDS1
SENIOR BUILDER

THANKS ZIP, I THINK THAT IT WILL BE EASY TO TUNE AFTER A FEW PASSES.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:33 PM
SPEEDNEEDS1
SENIOR BUILDER

I HAVE BOUGHT A APD CARB FOR MY NEW ENGINE, I SOLD THE 468. NEW ENGINE IS A 540. IT HAS MERLIN III HEADS AND MERLIN X INTAKE, ANYONE RAN THESE TO KNOW IF THEY ARE ANY GOOD.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:34 PM
SPEEDNEEDS1
SENIOR BUILDER

I STILL HAVE THE FLYING TOILET IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED..... $1000.00 WITH PORTED 454-R INTAKE.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:58 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I HAVE BOUGHT A APD CARB FOR MY NEW ENGINE, I SOLD THE 468. NEW ENGINE IS A 540. IT HAS MERLIN III HEADS AND MERLIN X INTAKE, ANYONE RAN THESE TO KNOW IF THEY ARE ANY GOOD.
Put that 454R intake on and dump the merlin X what size carb did you buy for it ? gas, alky 2 or 3 circuit ?
Old 01-26-2012, 05:45 PM
SPEEDNEEDS1
SENIOR BUILDER

IT IS A 1150 ALKY, WHY DUMP THE MERLIN INTAKE???? I DID NOT TELL JOHN THAT I HAD THE 454-R BUT DID MENTION THE MERLIN AND HE SAID WITH A GASKET MATCH ONLY IT WOULD BE FINE. NOT SAYING YOUR WRONG, JUST ASKING. HAVE YOU EVER RAN ONE?
Old 01-26-2012, 09:37 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I have to agree with David on this one, although i've never ran a Merlin manifold, but i also recommend a 454R and any B/BLK chevy i build or have ever ran. Last example 468" 1050 Dom. with a 200 shot Zex plate. Engine runs 9.77@138 and change in a 3700 lb Biscyne less driver on a 10.25 CR pump gas motor, also very streetable. We fill up the tow vehicle and the Biscyne at shell, go racing then come home and bolt up the mufflers and drive to Sonic.
But then i also wish you would have given the Toilet bowl a chance, i really think you would have liked it and the performance, even on the 540 motor. Not questioning the APD because they have excellent carbs.

Zip.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:25 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

IT IS A 1150 ALKY, WHY DUMP THE MERLIN INTAKE???? I DID NOT TELL JOHN THAT I HAD THE 454-R BUT DID MENTION THE MERLIN AND HE SAID WITH A GASKET MATCH ONLY IT WOULD BE FINE. NOT SAYING YOUR WRONG, JUST ASKING. HAVE YOU EVER RAN ONE?
You'll enjoy the carb, they do good work there. I've not ran it, but just know from results others have had its not a great intake. The 454r is a nice intake, many run that intake on 468-582s and love it. I keep one on the shelf just for that reason. You could always try both intakes.

Is the APD carb the new style 3 circuit or the older style 2 circuit ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -