New Ride

Old 08-17-2009, 06:50 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BEAST477
Yeah David it was just what we talked about. All is good now I think. Wont know till Saturday.
I hope its all fixed up and right now I wont see ya this weekend, going to OC for div 5 deal, havent made up my mind on TD or 8.90 stuff
Old 08-18-2009, 06:55 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
Originally Posted by BEAST477
Yeah David it was just what we talked about. All is good now I think. Wont know till Saturday.
I hope its all fixed up and right now I wont see ya this weekend, going to OC for div 5 deal, havent made up my mind on TD or 8.90 stuff
Good luck at OC. I'll let you know what it does. If all is well I bet your carb I tried would make a difference now.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:04 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

If I still had it, it was yours to try .. someone wanted that thing in a BAD way .. and I couldnt say no

Good luck and keep me posted hopefully I can steal some wirelss connection from someone this weekend to see who wins
Old 09-13-2009, 03:42 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

this car just keeps getting better

I've been searching for 7.4's with this motor combo for a year and a half and finally got it last weekend @ Norwalks 10 grand nationals, [email protected]

This weekend it post a 7.488 @178 in route to another final but this time a big light came on in the final. This is with what is my slow converter, 7-8 slower then my other converters but its a copy machine
Old 09-19-2009, 10:34 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Hey David, this is really unrelated to this post, but I know you're an experienced swingarm dragster guy and was looking for some suggestions/tips for a friend of mine.
He just bought a '00 Fritz swingarm 235" dragster. Nice clean chassis, 4.10 gear, has old 33.5x15 Hoosiers on it now, will have his 970hp 23 deg 565 RM, 1.80 glide, 6000 stall 8" convertor, and should weigh around 1850-1900 lbs. Any suggestions for slicks? Brand, size, compound, pressure to start with? Also any suggestons on where to start with swing arm ic and front ballast?
He'll be running primarily up here in Co with 6000- 9000' air and figure it should run 8.0's and maybe high 7.90's in the spring and fall.
Thanks for your help.
Johnny
Old 09-19-2009, 01:32 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by johnracer
Hey David, this is really unrelated to this post, but I know you're an experienced swingarm dragster guy and was looking for some suggestions/tips for a friend of mine.
He just bought a '00 Fritz swingarm 235" dragster. Nice clean chassis, 4.10 gear, has old 33.5x15 Hoosiers on it now, will have his 970hp 23 deg 565 RM, 1.80 glide, 6000 stall 8" convertor, and should weigh around 1850-1900 lbs. Any suggestions for slicks? Brand, size, compound, pressure to start with? Also any suggestons on where to start with swing arm ic and front ballast?
He'll be running primarily up here in Co with 6000- 9000' air and figure it should run 8.0's and maybe high 7.90's in the spring and fall.
Thanks for your help.
Johnny
Hey Johnny, the MT tire seems to be the ticket here latley with anything with any kinda of hp, the gy's rattle in the burnout to much so stay away from them, hoosiers have been good to me but the mt's i tried a month or so ago were smooooth. I assume it has a 15x15 rim ? I would start with around 5.5lbs and try all the way down to 4 3/4. Dont get crazy with the IC being to short, do you know what it is set at now ? Any kinda of supsended dragster should not need weight in the front if it does its a band-aid fix. Hope this helps some
Old 09-19-2009, 02:06 PM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

David, thanks for the input. Yep, it's a 15x15 rim. I haven't had a chance to get serious about measuring up the swing arm mounting points, so I don't know where it's set now. I let you know as soon as I can. I'd say it's fairly long though. The powder coat isn't marked at any of the mounting holes except for where it's set now, so either it worked well there, or the previous owner just didn't want to experiment.

The car was built as a S/C car, so I was thinking the front ballast was more for making sure the front didn't pop out of the beams if the track tightened up rather than for chassis tuning. We'll probably try it without any weight first and see what happens.

Any suggestions on tire size and launch rpm?

Thanks again,
Johnny
Old 09-20-2009, 06:02 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I've only seen a few of that brand car around, they seem to work ok so prob was setup right from the get go. Let me know on what your IC measurment is on it.

IMO put the biggest tire you can on it, more tire=more consistent to me, launch it around 4200-4400, to many times I see people getting carried away wanting to leave at 5,000 like these bb's are sb's and all it goes is make it inconsistent.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:29 PM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

It'll be a few weeks before we get serious with the dragster. Our season will be over next weekend and we'll be able to set the 565 in the chassis and put it on the ground. I'll measure it up and let you know. Thanks again for your input!
Later,
Johnny
Old 10-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

HAMMA...I like the dragster... looks all business... & sinister too. Scoot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -