View Poll Results: How do you like the new site.
Awesome
33.33%
Great
66.67%
Average
0%
Good
0%
Fair
0%
Poor
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Launch of New Web Site

Old 01-30-2006, 04:43 AM
RacingJunk
Administrator
APPRENTICE

Default Launch of New Web Site

Let us know what you think of the new site. If you have any questions about what we've done please ask us in this forum.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:10 PM
oobob
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Re: Launch of New Web Site

Originally Posted by rjunk
Let us know what you think of the new site. If you have any questions about what we've done please ask us in this forum.
Whats up with the words running off the screen, you have to shift over to even read a page :cry:

Mark
Old 03-01-2006, 06:01 PM
radicalz
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: Launch of New Web Site

Originally Posted by rjunk

Why doesn't the avatar thingee work so we can posts our pictures under our names....like the other site....I know there are some bugs to work out...but when they are this could be a good thing for RJ :wink: :wink:
Old 03-01-2006, 06:22 PM
daddylynch
SENIOR BUILDER

Default New forum

Well I think it looks like all the other forums out there.But I know whenever there is change there needs to be some "tweeking" to make it better.Its a shame all the other info is no longer here. I know sometimes change is good but change for the sake of change is not always a good thing.Maybe it will get better.I hope so. :rolladdy lynch aka sloride !!
Old 03-01-2006, 06:23 PM
daddylynch
SENIOR BUILDER

Hey look at the join date !!!!!I joined when I was 4 years old!!!!! :lol: Now they got it fixed good job Rjunk !!!! :roll:
Old 03-01-2006, 06:52 PM
tonyy358
SHOW GUEST

will the old info be restored :?: or will it be a fresh start. will the avator installed :?: so far it has been ok. the new board has a good look.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:37 PM
ken0069
MASTER BUILDER

The only complaints I had on the old site were that ppl bitched about the avatar not working for them. Mine did as I've been around for a while. Now NO ONE has one? :evil:

All the info from the old forum is gone. That info was useful to newbies in that they were directed to topics that had already been discussed prior to their coming here asking questions that had already been answered.

I agree with Daddylynch. Change just for the sake of change isn't necessarily a good thing especially in light of the fact that all the old data is gone.

And why did you disable the PM feature? That is the only advantage I can see to this software and you disabled it? WTF is that all about?

Looks like another version of SpeedTalk. I don't like that one either.

So, if you want my opinion, I don't like it becauee of all the lost information that was on the old site! The only bitch I had with the old site was the lack of a moderator to keep some order in here. Most of the time I've been here that hasn't been a big problem but lately it has gotten bad and I took a couple of weeks off to let it die down some. I came back in today and this is what I find.

I've considered starting a board myself but it's almost impossible to get the people there without having a draw like the RJ main page. It also takes about 6 months to get a new site to show up on the search engines so I may or may not give it a try. We shall see!

Anywho, just hang around in here for a couple of days to see what some of the other "regulars" think. I'll almost bet most are of the same opinion as I am which is basically we got nothing and lost everything! :evil:

Ken

http://www.kenrutledge.com
Old 03-02-2006, 01:05 AM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

I think it will be alright once I figure how to put my pic under my signature. I had Tray do it for me on the old forum about three weeks ago and now it's gone. As long as the "old timers" stick around and still spread that useful information. I think it will be good.

Chris
Old 03-02-2006, 02:16 AM
henny
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default new forum

Hello
Is there any way to get some of the old info back on the new site. It is a shame if it is all gone........kinda' like you just burned down the best library
Tom
Old 03-02-2006, 02:53 AM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

I also think it sux that we lost the Old info. But like someone said
if the old crowd stays around the information will still be here, they
would just have to answer the questions all over again. :shock:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -