MILODON OIL PUMP.....what a joke.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:54 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

was for a BBC They (milodon) told me they haven't released their own bbc pump yet that melling was the only ones who made a casting for a long time. Their website is misleading..cause they have a big picture of their small block pump and the casting says Milodon...so I just assumed they made their own pumps. Not the big blocks.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:00 AM
jrthone
SENIOR BUILDER

I cant find any info that says the miloden pump comes with billit gears for BBC. Well nothing under $100 anyway.Where did you find that info out?
Old 05-26-2008, 07:16 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by jrthone
I cant find any info that says the miloden pump comes with billit gears for BBC. Well nothing under $100 anyway.Where did you find that info out?
THEY DON'T!! THEY ARE MELLING PUMPS.

I called Milodon THEY CLAIM they are billet gear Melling
Old 05-26-2008, 11:38 AM
jrthone
SENIOR BUILDER

Well thats a pain in the arse cos i just brought one.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:48 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by cepx111
Not everybody has $300 to $400 to drop on a oil pump I feel your pain Todd74
Somebody could make a fortune making/selling billet gears for M77HV's
Hmmmmmm....
Ok, so you buy a 40.00 oil pump, then spend 100.00 in billet gears?

Don't know about you, but I put new pumps on my motor every time I put new bearings in it. Cheap insurance.

I figure over the years, I've spent about 1k in oil pumps (at around 100.00 a shot).

So now, instead of continuing, I bucked up and bought a 400.00 pump that I can send back to Titan for freshening at the end of every season. It's more expensive up front, but it's cheaper in the long run.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by jrthone
Well thats a pain in the arse cos i just brought one.
I laid mine on the bench next to the new melling I have and I could tell absolutely no difference. I even took the cover off and there was no evidence anything had been modified. It says M77HV on it too. They claimed it was the older one but I have an old melling from 2000-2001 and the casting is different. I can't just use it cause it sat outside in a junk barrel for awhile and obviously is no good anymore. Solid rust
Old 05-27-2008, 03:45 AM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

I put in a Melling M-Select Oil pump it was $62 I think and has a bolt on pickup and seems to be alot better piece than the regular ones. It is a 70Lb pump with 10% more volume. The part number is 10552..

Here is the link...

http://data.melling.com/Select/small_block_chevy.php
Old 05-27-2008, 06:13 AM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

They all have PM gears, Melling, Moroso, Milodon, including the Melling Select pumps. CVR and Titan pumps are the only ones currently using steel gears, except Moroso's gerotor pump. They all buy from Melling except for CVR and Titan. Don't waste your money.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by jmarksdragster
They all have PM gears, Melling, Moroso, Milodon, including the Melling Select pumps. CVR and Titan pumps are the only ones currently using steel gears, except Moroso's gerotor pump. They all buy from Melling except for CVR and Titan. Don't waste your money.
MILODON makes their own pump for small blocks, just not big blocks...well, At least the sm blocks have Milodon cast into the housing anyway..don't know who makes em.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:31 AM
dcarr511
JUNIOR BUILDER

I dont like the idea of Powdered metal gears at all myself .. but have to ask ... If they make Connecting Rods that way, why wouldnt an oil pump gear work out ?

I have heard about and seen the newer main bodies crack or break. But I havent heard or seen anything about the gears breaking.

Has anyone else seen / heard differantly ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -