head for a 621 bbc

Old 07-02-2011, 05:56 AM
samitun
SHOW GUEST

Default head for a 621 bbc

what would be the ideal head for a 13.5 comp,621 cubic inch drag race engine?I have a set of dart big m's and a set of pro 1's cnc 355's.Will either set work for my engine?Block is a world products 10.2 deck.Not trying to set the world on fire just want a big inch motor in a small package.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:10 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

I believe you are too small on the intake runner unless you will turn some huge RPM. Remember, the engine is nothing but an air pump.

One of my engines is the same if you are 4.625 x 4.625 We elected not to go with Big Dukes because we already had the Chevy pattern pistons. We have the Brodix BB-3 which have 370cc intake port and the exhaust valve is moved over .030

JMO.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:26 AM
samitun
SHOW GUEST

I am greatful for any info,the big M,s have a 410 cc intake runner size,I had them on a 555 and my head guy said they were to big for my engine,thinking they would work for 621 bbc,I know just enough to get myself in trouble....