NYES AUTOMOTIVE Muncie, In...feedback?

Old 02-04-2009, 06:24 PM
HamerDown
APPRENTICE

Default NYES AUTOMOTIVE Muncie, In...feedback?

Hi people, new guy to the forum and looking for feedback good/bad about NYES Automotive located in Muncie In.
Their prices got my attention but sometimes a buyer must beware.
Looking at a 598ci for my Jet Boat.
The sales rep seemed very easy to chat with and appeared to be accommodating to my specific needs...but...that's why I'm here asking.
Thanks for any feedback...and a very nice Forum you all have here.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:36 PM
michael1
MASTER BUILDER

They have a very good reputation. Hammertime can tell you all about them. He is good friends with them.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:02 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by michael1
They have a very good reputation. Hammertime can tell you all about them. He is good friends with them.

Yeah ask hammertime he'll tell you anything you want to know about them and who to talk to. I think they do all his work.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:55 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

The guys @ Nyes are top notch, have been doing my stuff for last 2 years without any issues. Great prices with good quality ! Thing I like best is you always get someone on the phone willing to help ya out.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:43 AM
HamerDown
APPRENTICE

Thanks for the feedback and again very nice Forum you all have here.
My main concern was ordering a complete assembled engine from someone I don't know, far away and then taking it apart to check clearances and finding things are off! Vs ordering a machined block and all the parts and checking everything myself and putting it together.
Feedback about some engine builders is..."if you buy a crate engine take it apart and double check the clearances and make sure you get the parts you paid for"
thanks again...
Old 02-05-2009, 08:39 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by HamerDown
Thanks for the feedback and again very nice Forum you all have here.
My main concern was ordering a complete assembled engine from someone I don't know, far away and then taking it apart to check clearances and finding things are off! Vs ordering a machined block and all the parts and checking everything myself and putting it together.
Feedback about some engine builders is..."if you buy a crate engine take it apart and double check the clearances and make sure you get the parts you paid for"
thanks again...
I actually had a guy from florida call me a few weeks ago with the worries you had, I am sure he ended up ordering a motor within a few days. Know many people who have been many states away and were more then happy after ordering from Nyes. Always good to ask questions this forum is great !!
Old 02-05-2009, 05:29 PM
ImBack
MASTER BUILDER

Hammer's right they build more engines around here than anybody!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2009, 06:55 PM
altune
MASTER BUILDER

Ney's built mine and I got exactly what I ordered Exactly the time promised. Pat is 100 % great guy and I highly recomend him.
I have had several engines built by PAR, Lukovich etc. and out of them, pat always gave me a straight answer and timeframe.
Al
Old 02-20-2009, 10:15 AM
bbf429
SHOW GUEST

Default Nyes automotive

I had Nyes build me a 557 Ford and I can say they are the best I ever dealt with. Pat was the guy who took care of me and he was great to deal with. I highly recommend them. Harold
Old 03-20-2009, 12:25 PM
alk
JOURNEYMAN

Default 496 Race

NYES built my 496 great guys, quality product. I also was leary about ordering from a few states away. But went for it and it turned out great they will build my next one too. Highly recommended by me . Pat was a great guy to deal with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -