Originally Posted by TheYellaBrick
Outlaw, you have a PM .....
no I don't that's my wife who has that!!what the hells wrong with you.....lol

Damn Outlaw, now thats funny as hell :!: :lol:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 07-22-2013, 04:27 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Well we ended up going to the mountains North of Taos. I have never been to any real mountains before. I was like a little kid seeing them. The Amazette Inn bed and breakfast that we stayed in was old and had lots of character. We loved it. The Rio Hondo river ran right behind our room. We went to sleep every night with the window open listening to it. 45 - 78 degree weather. Saw lots of differing terrain. We drove out and came back two different routes. Coming home we drove over the mtns and saw Angelfire and Red River ski resorts. Stunning.

If you ever have the opportunity to go to the Rockies go. On another note, it showed me that I never want to race in Denver. We drove my Wife's Rogue. It was 9280' where we were staying and that thing wouldn't get out of it's own way. LOL Well enough of my rambling.

Curtis
Old 07-23-2013, 02:49 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Going north to Ludington,MI in a couple weeks to go camping and canoing with some friends. Hey Bjuice hope the raccoons stay away. :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah her and Goose really hit it off.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:06 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by curtisreed
Well we ended up going to the mountains North of Taos. I have never been to any real mountains before. I was like a little kid seeing them. The Amazette Inn bed and breakfast that we stayed in was old and had lots of character. We loved it. The Rio Hondo river ran right behind our room. We went to sleep every night with the window open listening to it. 45 - 78 degree weather. Saw lots of differing terrain. We drove out and came back two different routes. Coming home we drove over the mtns and saw Angelfire and Red River ski resorts. Stunning.

If you ever have the opportunity to go to the Rockies go. On another note, it showed me that I never want to race in Denver. We drove my Wife's Rogue. It was 9280' where we were staying and that thing wouldn't get out of it's own way. LOL Well enough of my rambling.

Curtis

Hey Curt I been to Colorado..landed in Denver and drove up thru Rockys to a little town called Grand Junction..this was back in spring 1987...we visited the Grand Mesa which still had 9 ft of snow..it was running off into the Colorado river which was treacherous because of the run off...we then went to the Monument the desert looking mountain the commercial where they sat the ford truck down on top of a deserted mountain top.....I hook up with a Girl from Arizona and she showed me the town for 2 or 3 days and the 6% Coors beer content vs our then 3% coors in SC...Ahhh Great Days....

45 Degree's .....huh... ops: ...Not here ...we may see it in mid winter and you would think it snowed butthole deep when it happens by the way people act.

Seriously I have seen my wife light a fire 70 degrees outside with lower humidity...been here in SC all my life and I despise SC heat and the Humidity is even worse.... :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-24-2013, 07:36 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Will be absent for a week, gang. Heading out for Hoopa,Ca Hill Climb tomorrow at 0 Dark 30.
It's morning right now so will probably post a few more times before then. See ya'all when I get back !
Old 07-24-2013, 11:25 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Hey Curt I been to Colorado..landed in Denver and drove up thru Rockys to a little town called Grand Junction..this was back in spring 1987...we visited the Grand Mesa which still had 9 ft of snow..it was running off into the Colorado river which was treacherous because of the run off...we then went to the Monument the desert looking mountain the commercial where they sat the ford truck down on top of a deserted mountain top.....I hook up with a Girl from Arizona and she showed me the town for 2 or 3 days and the 6% Coors beer content vs our then 3% coors in SC...Ahhh Great Days....

45 Degree's .....huh... ops: ...Not here ...we may see it in mid winter and you would think it snowed butthole deep when it happens by the way people act.

Seriously I have seen my wife light a fire 70 degrees outside with lower humidity...been here in SC all my life and I despise SC heat and the Humidity is even worse.... :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
That is too funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: Heck it was 102° here yesterday so I'm ready to go back. We get everything from 110° in the summer to -10° in the winter. Sounds like you remember the girl fondly, and the beer too.

How was Seamist park?

Hey, Yellabrick have a safe and fun trip.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:04 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by curtisreed
Originally Posted by bjuice

That is too funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: Heck it was 102° here yesterday so I'm ready to go back. We get everything from 110° in the summer to -10° in the winter. Sounds like you remember the girl fondly, and the beer too.

How was Seamist park?

Hey, Yellabrick have a safe and fun trip.
It was Awesome Thanks for asking !

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-28-2013, 09:46 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

DESTIN FLA....VACATIONS JUST AREN'T LOOOOOOOOG ENOUGH! :cry:
Old 08-01-2013, 10:13 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Just got back from Hoopa,Ca. EPIC trip...will write more when I get settled back in.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:24 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

GREAT TIME in Hoopa,CA ! Drag race, turn, drag race, turn, drag race, turn. STEEP hill, kids ! 8-10% grade, hairpins, short straights, longer straights with hidden jogs, even longer straight with long sweeper and hidden jog ! Brake now ? Not yet, now? not yet... NOW ! Hard hill to wrap your mind around the first time on it.
-1st run, had smoke in the interior, shut down on turn 5, nothing substantial.
-2nd run, ran all the way but still checking out the way to the top. 2:52.8--
-3rd run, my alternator quit alternating and ran on an almost dead battery,popping and missing all the way. 2:51.---
-4th run, getting real comfy with the hill and turned up the wick to a 2:41 and change.
After my 4th run I was ready to let 'er rip WOT if we'd had one more run ! Was confident a 2:30's time possible.
60 drivers's 57-58 cars. Well organized and friendly folks. A few familiar faces and lots of new ones !
LOOOOONG ride over and back. We lost most of the brakes on the rear of my motor home coming down into Ashland,Or so ran with 10-15% braking capacity for 98% of the trip ! I'm STILL pulling pieces of the driver's seat cushion outa my rectum. 5-6 real close calls. Then got caught in a storm on Thursday with STRONG side winds between Burns,Or and Ontario,Or. 2-3 time I KNEW we were going to be pushed over by that wind....
All that for 10 minutes of racing ????? Yep. Gotta live while ya can !
Will be skipping Bible Creek, so it's Bogus then Mary Hill.