CONMAN - Ty Lofstrom @ TLI Racing engines in Medina Tx

Old 05-30-2008, 07:54 AM
fordmad
APPRENTICE

Ty Lofstroms Lies and excuses are catching up with him at the moment, he has been arrested again !

This time for a guy in Australia who has paid over $40, 000 since December last year - and still has nothing.

That makes 2 separate criminal charges in less than 5 weeks, he is once again, out on bail.

Lets just hope the people involved get every cent they are intitled to out of TLI Racing engines.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:41 PM
garceau
SHOW GUEST

Holy crap...thats a buttload of money to be taking.

I dont want to cause any bad feelings...but the amount of money these people are spending with an unknown person has me baffled. When there are places like Koffels, Reher Morrison, Suncoast etc that are tried and true real places with great reputations.

40K for an engine is CRAZY

I surely hope you all recover everything, and I mean everything.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:14 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.banderabulletin.com/artic...1/news/581.txt
Old 06-12-2008, 06:40 AM
fordmad
APPRENTICE

Default Here's another fine piece of Ty Lofstroms work - NOT !

'Dukes' fan is in trouble with the law

Web Posted: 06/10/2008 11:04 PM CDT

By Zeke MacCormack
Express-News

BANDERA — A mechanic with a love for the “Dukes of Hazzard” television show faces a theft charge and a fraud suit.

advertisement

Ty Lofstrom of TLI Racing Engines in Medina was arrested May 27 after a customer in Australia complained he'd gotten only excuses for the $40,000 sent to Lofstrom for three custom engines, Bandera County sheriff's Deputy George Wintel said.

Two days after posting $15,000 bond to get out of jail on the theft charge, Lofstrom was sued by a Florida man who reportedly paid him more than $60,000 to create a replica of the “General Lee,” the Dodge Charger driven by the TV show's title characters.

The suit by Damon Becnel accuses Lofstrom of fraud and deceptive trade practices and alleges he agreed to modify the plaintiff's 1969 Charger into a General Lee replica by July 30, 2005, in exchange for $72,192.

In his proposal, a copy of which was attached to the suit, Lofstrom said he was donating many of his services because “it is my vision to see this car the best General Lee known to the Mopar world.”

“My life-long admiration for the Duke's of Hazard (sic) have driven my everyday lifestyle from naming our first cat “Hazard” and our dog “Duke” to our plans for children next year, ‘Bo' and ‘Luke,'” he wrote.

The plaintiff's attorney, Lee Rigby, said Lofstrom hasn't returned the car, despite numerous requests to do so.

Neither Lofstrom nor his attorney could be reached.

Wintel said Lofstrom had been the subject of at least three prior complaints by Internet-generated customers for high-performance engines, but those disputes were resolved without charges being pursued.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:55 PM
fordmad
APPRENTICE

Yet another newspaper arcticle.......

Medina biz owner accused of theft
by David Arny
BCC Staff Writer

Published June 12, 2008

Ty Lofstrom
Medina resident and owner of TLI Racing, Ty Lofstrom, 31, was arrested Tuesday, May 27, and booked in the Bandera County Jail on charges of felony theft between $20,000 and $100,000.
This was Lofstrom’s second arrest in less than three weeks on similar accusations. On Wednesday, May 7, investigators with the Bandera County Sheriff’s Office served him with a warrant out of Real County accusing him of theft between $1,500 and $20,000. Lofstrom posted a total of $22,500 in surety bonds and both cases await review by a Grand Jury with the 216th Judicial District.
TLI Racing is located at 13916 Highway 16 North. In a phone interview on Tuesday, June 10, Lofstrom said he planned to close his shop Sunday, June 15, due to his legal woes and the publicity generated by his arrests. He added that he feels a “moral obligation” to provide his customers with the merchandise they were promised.
“I’ve never been arrested before. I’ve never even been given a speeding ticket,” said Loftstrom. “I served 11 years in the Navy’s Special Forces and getting arrested was a very disturbing experience for me.”
Loftstrom indicated his difficulties had resulted from his having “tangled with the wrong customer.” He asked that questions regarding the specific nature of the charges against him be directed to his attorney Harold Danford of Kerrville. However, Danford did not return a call to his office by press time.
The website for TLI Racing currently features an impressive array of custom racing engines and services the company offers to customers worldwide. According to the website, Loftstrom relocated his business to Medina from Southern California in 2004 for “growth reasons.”
High-performance racing aficionados from Australia, Japan, South Africa and Norway, as well as customers from across the United States, have sent Loftstrom tens of thousands of dollars to purchase his custom-built engines in eBay online sales or after seeing them displayed on his website.
In a number of instances, however, those clients have waited over a year for equipment that was supposed to have been shipped in a matter of weeks. In addition, one buyer told The Courier the goods he received that were advertised as being brand new were actually used engine components.
In an interview, George Wintle, an investigator with the BCSO, explained the difficulty in prosecuting cases such as Loftstrom’s.
“In some cases, these individuals place their orders along with a large deposit,” said Wintle. “If they never get anything for their money, that’s considered theft. But once the customer receives anything, or work is begun on his order, it goes from being a criminal offence to a civil complaint.”
Several clients who allege being defrauded by Loftstrom credit Wintle with reviving a criminal investigation of TLI Racing. Previously, they had been informed by other authorities – including the 216th District Attorney’s Office – that their only recourse was to negotiate a possible refund from Loftstrom or to hire a lawyer and pursue the case in civil court.
“I was basically given the option of spending $15,000 on a lawyer and flying 1,500 miles to San Antonio and renting a car to drive to Bandera for every court hearing – all for the possibility of recovering some of my $7,000,” said a TLI customer who spoke on the condition of anonymity.
The man requested anonymity because he claims he received a letter from an attorney representing Loftstrom that threatened him with a lawsuit for slander if he made negative comments about his client or TLI to others.
Additionally, the Better Business Bureau has given TLI Racing an “unsatisfactory” rating due to the unresolved complaints against the company.
According to their website, www.bbb.org, a business earns an unsatisfactory record after it “has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern of complaints, or failed to honor their commitment to mediate or arbitrate disputes or honor mediated agreements or arbitrated decisions,” in addition to other BBB criteria.
The BBB Reliability Report notes that the consumer group “processed a total of seven complaints about (TLI Racing) in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of seven complaints, three were closed in the last year.”
Old 06-20-2008, 04:44 PM
fordmad
APPRENTICE

Default More great news !!!!!!

I just wanted to contact some of you folks to let you know Mr. Lofstrom has closed his business and removed all of his machinery and products from the building he was using in Medina Texas. You may pass this on to others at your pleasure and relay this information on some of your engine forums you belong to. I wish you all the best,

Sincerely,
George

Investigator George Wintle

Bandera County Sheriff's Office

Phone: 830-796-3771
Fax: 830-796-3561
Old 06-23-2008, 05:32 PM
drh340
SHOW GUEST

well i guess I can add myself to the long list of hard working people that can say they have been screwed by ty lofstrom. I REALLY wish I'd done my homework on this a##hole. my situation is an exact replica of all the rest here on this forum. call him on the phone and until there's a problem he will talk to you, but after that you can't get a hold of him and he has your money!! I am currently in the process of legal action for FRAUD. SO LOOK FOR HIS MUGSHOT AGAIN.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:08 PM
fordmad
APPRENTICE

Oh my, yet another safisfied customer this piece of crap has bull$hitted out of hard earned money. The people who are mentioned on this forum are just the tip of the iceberg....The numbers of people taken by him continue to grow !!

I recieved another email this morning from George Wintle, lets all get onboard and give the FBI the information required to nail Ty Lofstroms ass. PLEASE READ AND REPLY TO THE FBI WEB ADDRESS MENTIONED IN GEORGE'S EMAIL

For those of you who might want to continue to file complaints against Mr. Lofstrom, I was directed by the FBI to send you to this link http://www.ic3.gov/ to file your complaints. I think if enough people filed their complaints about the unethical business practices Mr.. Lofstrom has made using the internet, the database would begin to flag his name which would start federal investigations against him for internet fraud. Please pass this information on to your chat sites and friends in your industry.

Regards,

Investigator George Wintle

Bandera County Sheriff's Office

Phone: 830-796-3771
Fax: 830-796-3561
Old 06-25-2008, 07:40 PM
fordmad
APPRENTICE

Here's another classic example of Lofstroms promises and excuses at work...

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/archiv...p/t-45830.html
Old 07-12-2008, 05:31 PM
fordmad
APPRENTICE

Just when it seemed all too quiet on the TLI Racing front !

Another guy in Australia has contacted me about Ty Lofstrom, same story, substantial deposit last year and still has nothing but lies, excuses and has now recieved one of Ty's trademark option 1 & 2 emails....

Stay tuned !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -