A Guy tried to scam me today

Old 12-30-2016, 02:20 PM
mustang2004
SHOW GUEST

Default A Guy tried to scam me today

He wanted me to send $900 pick up charge to a western union address and get a MTCN number before the money would be sent to my Pay pal account I smelled a rat and told him to get lost
Old 12-31-2016, 10:49 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Does he have a user name on rj so you can help others out? Otherwise your post helps nobody.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:00 AM
tamremartin
SHOW GUEST

Default Scammers are bad on this site

[email protected] (Robert)
AND
[email protected] (Bruce)
Both sent almost the exact message today. I'm not sure they are even members.
Knew both were scammers from the get go. Bruce, I handled that with an invoice link on PayPal. No response. Sent a note cancelling when the Robert scammer sent a message wanting me to cancel anything in process. Lol. I'm still messing with this one right now because he sent this:

I wish to inform you that i would be adding an extra $900 to the money am transferring into your PayPal account, which is for the charged pick up fee for the pick up company to register the (Bike)for pick up, so you'll help me send it to my pick up company via Money Gram after the payment confirmation...OK?

Here's my reply:
Just use your Paypal account to send the extra money to me. You just enter my email address and it will be here but don't forget to pay for the bike first.

I REALLY HOPE THE "STROKE" IS READING THIS POST.

Thanks everyone for posting on scammer email addys & names!

tamre martin aka: hippietami

Ps... I do have an interested REAL buyer.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:03 AM
tamremartin
SHOW GUEST

If the ones trying to scam me do, they won't tell ya. They message your phone number for initial contact. Wish I could help
Old 01-06-2017, 04:51 AM
Gerber3275
SHOW GUEST

Hey guys,

[email protected] tried to scam me this morning as well... Here's his email to me:

"Thanks for getting back to me,i'm Bruce Sinclair by name and i will like to make a deal with you so Im just asking about it to make sure its in good condition as im buying it for my cousin as a surprise and he doesn't know about it, so can you assure me i will not be disappointed? also no shipment involved as i have a mover that will come for it.Im okay with the price and condition ,I can only pay you via one of the fastest and secure way to pay online (PayPal)..Do you have a paypal account? Let me know asap so i can arrange the payment through PayPal. my shipper will be coming to pick it up as soon as the payment clears into your account .I look forward to hear from you with the information below.
Your PayPal e-Mail Address
Full name:
Firm Price:
Cell phone:
Zip code for pickup:"

Keep on the lookout for this guy. I told him they're no longer available.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:20 PM
LBMotorsports32
SHOW GUEST

I received a text today from [email protected] with a #(513-443-5719) asking about my ad that was posted this morning. Thank you guys for giving the heads up on these scammers. Bruce Sinclair is still at work!!