I need some input from all the "gun guys" out ther

Old 11-22-2011, 08:04 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I ended up with a very large knife collection too. The wife has been spending time cleaning them all up. Some nice old advertising pocket knives, Remington, Winchester, John Deere, etc. There was also a old switchblade and stilleto (sp?) in the box. Grandma gave us some old brass jingle bells, I am going to clean them up and have my neighbor who does leather work mount them on a strap to hang on the front door. I have his engine puller and the hog roaster we have cooked 100's of pigs with over the years. Its kind of strange going through all this when he hasnt passed yet. It could be years till that happens but sadly his mental health has slipped passed the point where grandma cant handle him on her own. I have no kids, probably never will since the wife has MS but my cousin just got married and I am hoping they have some kids in the future. I am going to make sure that some of this stuff goes to them in remembrance of the grandfather they probably will never know in person.

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 11-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

she thought they would look nice upstairs hanging off the exposed beams of the house or above the fireplace. Its been a long 5 weeks dealing with all this and it isnt over yet.[/quote]

The wife has a great idea there; we are going to mount my old shot gun above our fire place too. It still works, but it is the kind that you pump & then it jacks a hammer back too... dangerous gun... 100 years old now too.

I agree with Wabb, DD, etc... no rush to make any decisions on those guns. You may just want to hang on to them. I like guns that have no registration or trace of ownership- government has no record of those. Keep em.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:01 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

WOW CHRIS....NICE JOB !!!