got the vega runnin....

Old 09-26-2011, 10:17 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default /?

Originally Posted by mwbrasher
thanks zip.... i was going to run it at 40 ... but wasn't sure if you could "getaway" with it that high... i adjusted the timing by "ear" where it seemed to like it ... 46degrees ... i thought o hell no..... but you may be rite... it likes the timing.... thanks for the suggestion..... caveman 8) 8) 8)
Please Tell me that its Not a Stock Cast,Balancer?
Because if that is So,then you NEED to Pull #1 Plug out and Find TDC?Then See WHERE the TDC Mark is on the Balancer,............?
This Could cause you to CHASE your TAIL!
Later
G 8)
Old 09-26-2011, 11:55 AM
mwbrasher
JUNIOR BUILDER

no sir it is a tci...rattler... when i dialed the cam in i made darn sure it was on tdc... i have an adjustable pointer off the timing cover... i'm lost... every thing seems ok ...just seems should have better et and mph... heck i thought it could be me... i put one of my freinds in it.... his car runs 10:20... got 11:72 out of it... he thought it ran 10:85...not ...like i said i"m lost!!!!!!! thanks caveman :? :?
Old 09-26-2011, 02:57 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default ?

no sir it is a tci...rattler... when i dialed the cam in i made darn sure it was on tdc... i have an adjustable pointer off the timing cover... i'm lost... every thing seems ok ...just seems should have better et and mph... heck i thought it could be me... i put one of my freinds in it.... his car runs 10:20... got 11:72 out of it... he thought it ran 10:85...not ...like i said i"m lost!!!!!!! thanks caveman :? :?
OK?
How about the Timing Components?Did you Install a Offset Button to degree the Camshaft?
Does it have a Adjustible Cam Gear?
You SEE wear I'm going?
Later
G 8)
Old 09-26-2011, 04:26 PM
mwbrasher
JUNIOR BUILDER

yes i did install a 4 deg advance bushing... cam gear is not adjustable....just a double roller chain... only have made about 9 passes on this motor.... maybe i'm expecting too much??...motor runs great... no issues except it seems like it should do better.... taking it to the dyno shop on the 5 of oct.... maybe he can get me in the ball park....thanks for your help... i realey appericiate it ... when i find it it will be some little thing i over looked... i will report back thanks.... caveman :? :?
Old 09-26-2011, 09:28 PM
mwbrasher
JUNIOR BUILDER

i was thinking maybe not enough motor... acording to wallace couculater...it is doing what it should... how about a small shot of nitrous.... maybe 100... what would i need to go 10:90.... thanks ...caveman :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 09-27-2011, 09:27 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default ?

I Just ran the #'s,IF that LITTLE 331 is making 375HP @ the Flywheel?Then thats where the #'s fall!Theres ONLY 1 Way you make BIG HP with a Small Cube Motor,...................?LOTZZ of R's!
Is that 2600 w the Driver?
Its a Small Motor with Little Compression,just WILL NOT Addd up to Much HP!!!!!!
Later
G 8)
Old 09-27-2011, 11:02 AM
mwbrasher
JUNIOR BUILDER

thank bb for the info.... the car weighs 3000 with me in it... race ready.... the wallace couculater come up with these numbers.... car... 3000.... rpm...7200.....tire size....14-32...gear ratio.... 5:13.... et....11:72.and mph... 113... that is what the car run almost every time... i was told the wallace system is at the GROUND...NOT FLYWHEEL... the numbers i get show 367 hp at the ground.... maybe 100 shot of nitrous to get 10:90 ?????? thanks caveman :? :? :?
Old 09-27-2011, 05:01 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default ?

thank bb for the info.... the car weighs 3000 with me in it... race ready.... the wallace couculater come up with these numbers.... car... 3000.... rpm...7200.....tire size....14-32...gear ratio.... 5:13.... et....11:72.and mph... 113... that is what the car run almost every time... i was told the wallace system is at the GROUND...NOT FLYWHEEL... the numbers i get show 367 hp at the ground.... maybe 100 shot of nitrous to get 10:90 ?????? thanks caveman :? :? :?
I DONT do hardly any 1/4 stuff anymore,but will tell you?When I have a Car thats in the Low 6's to High 5's.It takes about 90 HP to go 1.5 tenths FASTER.Just run the #';s you want?And those Cal.Systems are REAL Close!
IF,it were Me????
BBCHEVY=9.90's!!!
Later
G 8)
Old 09-27-2011, 05:21 PM
mwbrasher
JUNIOR BUILDER

thanks BB.... i think you are right.... as long as it is consistant... was hoping for 10:90.... but it is doing all it can.... like the old saying..."no replacement for cubic inch displacement!!!"....... thanks for your help... caveman
Old 09-28-2011, 09:26 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

(((( i adjusted the timing by "ear" )))) BUY A TIMING LIGHT,, !!!!!!! AND THEN CHECK THE TIMING AT 2200 RPM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -