How have any of you guys done racing so far this season?

Old 06-25-2011, 08:45 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by harbone66
Brian thats some heavy hitters in the ProMods!! Did Bobby ever get his truck back together after banging it up earlier in the year?

your right Chris some Serious dudes gonna be there. If anyone is within 3 hour drive time it will be one hell-of- race weekend..I didn't realize Bobby had hurt the truck when I called him..he return my call on my cell but I was in the shop and it didn't pick up..I Met him and Lisa a couple years back at a Orsca Race at the "House of hook" lower state S.C..
Hopefully I will be meeting Bobby and Lisa within a year. Bobby is the one that is going to be building my engine for me when I get outta here for good.
just work on getting youself and fellow members back here alive and in one piece .......
Old 06-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

thats just way to cool Brian!!!

and yes Dirk, get your ass home!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 06-25-2011, 03:45 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Default bad luck

Well started out the year braking trans and putting in spare trans and converter. Then testing and slowed down, to winning alittle gruge race and finding out that the converter was leaking from a weld spot. I went FTI and bought new trans and convert for some $$$$$, went to test again and it was so hot that it just blew the tires off. I had a chance on making some money on a gruge race but as hot as the track was (141`) and talking to the owner of the track on how fast the track went away we just loaded up and went home.
After all that was going threw the valves and found that i had a roller lifter going bad so now its down and at the machine shop and more $$$$$.

I am going to pull the rear and check it out knowing it might be the next thing. Im going to have a new car, i have replaced most of the other parts on the car at the first of the year all ready, tires, had the shocks rebuilt by koni, new springs, brakes, all new joints, hell everything it seems like. It looks like some of the races i was going to make in July are out as its going to be first of August hopefully when its done. I might give Bjuice a run for his money :P :lol:

We are also going to paint it while its down, its ten years old or more and time. Look out i am going to be hell on wheels with all the new parts, should make it threw the rest of the year when its done, have some good races coming up here in fla.

Good luck to all who are racing.

Robert Fla.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:29 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Made it down to 9 cars today. Got a small check. Day two tomorrow, hope to have a bigger check. Couldn't have been more tickled though even if it was the big check. Had a great day.

Curtis

Old 06-25-2011, 05:40 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by doorracer
Made it down to 9 cars today. Got a small check. Day two tomorrow, hope to have a bigger check. Couldn't have been more tickled though even if it was the big check. Had a great day.

Curtis

Good job Curtis. A little check is still better than no check isn't it :?:
8) 8)
Old 06-26-2011, 12:52 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks guys. I will be coming home in 7-10 months. At that time I will have been out here for 3 1/2 years. Right now I am helping keep them Apaches up in the air so that they can support the guys on the ground.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:06 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BEAST477
Originally Posted by doorracer

Curtis

Good job Curtis. A little check is still better than no check isn't it :?:
8) 8)
Beast you are right about that.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:56 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Wanted to get my speed fix this weekend but couldn't put the dough together to go. Old Freezeout Hillclimb 2 day event. A tic under 2 miles pavement hillclimb takes over 5 minutes at legal speed limit, takes me 1:42 and change at racing velocity.
I'm cryin' bigtime......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_5hD_VeOXM

Old 06-26-2011, 09:56 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Brian thats some heavy hitters in the ProMods!! Did Bobby ever get his truck back together after banging it up earlier in the year?

your right Chris some Serious dudes gonna be there. If anyone is within 3 hour drive time it will be one hell-of- race weekend..I didn't realize Bobby had hurt the truck when I called him..he return my call on my cell but I was in the shop and it didn't pick up..I Met him and Lisa a couple years back at a Orsca Race at the "House of hook" lower state S.C..
Hopefully I will be meeting Bobby and Lisa within a year. Bobby is the one that is going to be building my engine for me when I get outta here for good.

Tell ya What I would give Scott Duggins ( Par ) a call if I were you if I had 12k to 15k to spend on an engine up front...I know he just took in a 632ci Big chief engine on a trade from My cousin...all top of line parts..sheet metal intake..etc...you can probably get that Bad boy for $12,000 to $14,000 or so.....its a 35k engine to build up front..

Now if ya Wanting to go small block...I got the perfect BULLET PROOF rotating assembly for you..I mean Bullet proof !!!...good for 300hp up thru 3,500 hp ( probably More). with no issues.........all brand new except crank and it has minimum run time....
I will sell to you for $2700.00 and its over $7,500 worth of rotating Assembly...its for the Heavy Hitters...

here are the parts-- all this was purchased from Scott Duggins ( Par racing Engines)..All New except Crank and its almost New.
1- Sonny Byrant ( Billet) crank shaft...with Big block Snout Cost Over $4,000 New. ( pic attached)
2- New Billet Lent Rods with Bearings and Carr (SPS-A-21) Rod Bolts..Price These Rods and Bolts...close to $500 just for Rod Bolts...$2,000 for the Rods
3- Branch New SRP forged Pistons and Rings $800.00 PLus--- ( New )

$2700 your Price...add $100 for shipping and its $2800 shipped to you..I will include Insurance....You cannot beat the Price for this Quality Parts....1ST and Last (rotating Assembly) parts you will ever Need..

here is the Thing :
Just remember if you try and go the cheaper route and SAVE $500 you still gonna pay $2,000 to $2,200 in a Much cheaper set of ( Rotating Assembly) parts that will only hold up to a fraction of the Hp and Abuse these parts I have for sale can take....and in time you will most liklely have to replace the cheaper parts 1 or 2 times while the Parts I am selling will be there from now on..

Get these parts Now and leave them sitting in your garage until you are ready for the other stuff...you will kick yourself if you don't...Doesn't make any sense for anyone to let $500 or $600 stand in your way from having a top of the line engine that will pay for itself over and over again.

Now if you want a turn Key SBC 406ci...right now its a Pump gas engine...built by clements Racing Spartanburg S.C. and dynoed 465hp and about the same Torque...only 75 to 100 passes ( All by me and the wife )....you can change the cam shaft in it and angle mill the heads to up the compression and get 550 to 600hp out of her real easy...I had this engine built for my wife several years ago and didn't want it too wild...It has a real small cam in it (520 lift) but very,very responsive..I have dyno sheets on it

$5,000 on this engine and you can pick up in person Or I will ship for the cost of the Shipping only...I will do all the package work for FREE..RLS freight liners is the way to go..we crate it up and they will deliver to your door step for a reasonable cost.Engine is Still in the car (69 camaro )...Stock 400 crank and Block, I know its steel rods but cannot remember if Carrillo or some other type but they are steel I will guarantree that. Dart Iron Eagle heads with steam holes drilled 215 runners 2.05 valves...aluminum forged pistons also had them thermal coated just for extra protection for little cost back when it was assembled.
Vic jr intake, holley 750 cfm..( off the shelf) no work done to it, still has Horn..you can find another 20/25 hp going with a more trick Carb..Msd Billet distibuter...starter ...turn Key ready to go..

http://clementsraceengines.com/

you cannot go wrong with either package I am offering you..

just keep in mind...cause I know you are sort of New at this...if you go building a motor new from the start...you gonna have a Good bit of money in it using lower to Mid-level parts.

Keep in mind the rotating parts I am offering is PRO-PARTS....the 406ci Engine I am offering you would cost you over $12k to build ( with add-ons)..depending what type parts you use..and this is not inlcuding the carb,water pump,starter,wires etc..normally engines are priced without this stuff....add an extra $1200 to $1500 to anyone's engines that qoute you a price to Build for the carb,starter, distributer,water pump..depending what you go with

this engine of mine I am offering you is 100% turnkey...

I know I posted this in the open and normally would PM this But I wanted others to see what I have and would make them the same Deal.

Chris ( Bowtie454) Purchased a personal 406ci engine from me 5 or so yrs ago and he had a great time with the engine....

let me know...or if anyone else wants in let me know..

here are the Pics.

Sonny Bryant Billet Crank with Big Block Snout.

Top side of Crank with Sonny Billet stamp.

Side of Srp Piston..Used for Engine Mock up Only.

Top of SRP Piston.

Billet Lent Rod and Piston with Part #

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 06-27-2011, 12:39 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Tell ya What I would give Scott Duggins ( Par ) a call if I were you if I had 12k to 15k to spend on an engine up front...I know he just took in a 632ci Big chief engine on a trade from My cousin...all top of line parts..sheet metal intake..etc...you can probably get that Bad boy for $12,000 to $14,000 or so.....its a 35k engine to build up front..

Now if ya Wanting to go small block...I got the perfect BULLET PROOF rotating assembly for you..I mean Bullet proof !!!...good for 300hp up thru 3,500 hp ( probably More). with no issues.........all brand new except crank and it has minimum run time....
I will sell to you for $2700.00 and its over $7,500 worth of rotating Assembly...its for the Heavy Hitters...

here are the parts-- all this was purchased from Scott Duggins ( Par racing Engines)..All New except Crank and its almost New.
1- Sonny Byrant ( Billet) crank shaft...with Big block Snout Cost Over $4,000 New. ( pic attached)
2- New Billet Lent Rods with Bearings and Carr (SPS-A-21) Rod Bolts..Price These Rods and Bolts...close to $500 just for Rod Bolts...$2,000 for the Rods
3- Branch New SRP forged Pistons and Rings $800.00 PLus--- ( New )

$2700 your Price...add $100 for shipping and its $2800 shipped to you..I will include Insurance....You cannot beat the Price for this Quality Parts....1ST and Last (rotating Assembly) parts you will ever Need..

here is the Thing :
Just remember if you try and go the cheaper route and SAVE $500 you still gonna pay $2,000 to $2,200 in a Much cheaper set of ( Rotating Assembly) parts that will only hold up to a fraction of the Hp and Abuse these parts I have for sale can take....and in time you will most liklely have to replace the cheaper parts 1 or 2 times while the Parts I am selling will be there from now on..

Get these parts Now and leave them sitting in your garage until you are ready for the other stuff...you will kick yourself if you don't...Doesn't make any sense for anyone to let $500 or $600 stand in your way from having a top of the line engine that will pay for itself over and over again.

Now if you want a turn Key SBC 406ci...right now its a Pump gas engine...built by clements Racing Spartanburg S.C. and dynoed 465hp and about the same Torque...only 75 to 100 passes ( All by me and the wife )....you can change the cam shaft in it and angle mill the heads to up the compression and get 550 to 600hp out of her real easy...I had this engine built for my wife several years ago and didn't want it too wild...It has a real small cam in it (520 lift) but very,very responsive..I have dyno sheets on it

$5,000 on this engine and you can pick up in person Or I will ship for the cost of the Shipping only...I will do all the package work for FREE..RLS freight liners is the way to go..we crate it up and they will deliver to your door step for a reasonable cost.Engine is Still in the car (69 camaro )...Stock 400 crank and Block, I know its steel rods but cannot remember if Carrillo or some other type but they are steel I will guarantree that. Dart Iron Eagle heads with steam holes drilled 215 runners 2.05 valves...aluminum forged pistons also had them thermal coated just for extra protection for little cost back when it was assembled.
Vic jr intake, holley 750 cfm..( off the shelf) no work done to it, still has Horn..you can find another 20/25 hp going with a more trick Carb..Msd Billet distibuter...starter ...turn Key ready to go..

http://clementsraceengines.com/

you cannot go wrong with either package I am offering you..

just keep in mind...cause I know you are sort of New at this...if you go building a motor new from the start...you gonna have a Good bit of money in it using lower to Mid-level parts.

Keep in mind the rotating parts I am offering is PRO-PARTS....the 406ci Engine I am offering you would cost you over $12k to build ( with add-ons)..depending what type parts you use..and this is not inlcuding the carb,water pump,starter,wires etc..normally engines are priced without this stuff....add an extra $1200 to $1500 to anyone's engines that qoute you a price to Build for the carb,starter, distributer,water pump..depending what you go with

this engine of mine I am offering you is 100% turnkey...

I know I posted this in the open and normally would PM this But I wanted others to see what I have and would make them the same Deal.

Chris ( Bowtie454) Purchased a personal 406ci engine from me 5 or so yrs ago and he had a great time with the engine....

let me know...or if anyone else wants in let me know..
Hey Brian I am going to be getting the motor after I get outta here. Yes I will be throwing 15,000 - 20,000 at it all at once only getting the best parts to put inside it. I talked it over with Bobby already and he knows what I am looking for.

In case I havent mentioned it on here the ride is going to be around a 506 with twin 90mm turbos. NO NITROUS!!! :P It will be all motor for right now. Maybe sometime in the future I MIGHT put Nitrous in it but not sure yet.

Thanks for the great offer but right now I am gonna have to pass on it. With me not being in the states I wouldnt be able to sleep at night cuz I would be wondering if someone stole or the soon to be ex sold it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -