Good to know he's okay.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Yep/X2
Old 11-14-2012, 01:58 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Glad you were able to reach him and he is ok.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:36 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Thank's guy's for checking up on me, I have some health issues that came up real quick on me and i was flown to Pittsburgh,Pa kinda fast, Then i got to go to California for a week, Got diesel fuel in my blood stream. At the time i didn't think it was a big deal well i am here to tell you it is a big deal. Start's to shut down certian thing's. So be careful when working on diesel engines :!: Only 4 place's in the United States that can handle issues like this. I am doing good now try to go back to work next week. Thank's again guy's for the concern, We are truly a family here.

Mark
Old 11-15-2012, 08:48 AM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Glad you're ok. Sounds like it could have been really bad.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Glad to hear you are OK brother, kinda had us all spooked there for a bit! I had one of my techs do the same thing about 3 years back, spent 6 weeks in the hospital, not a good deal.
Now that you are better, time to get you this bumper sticker... :lol:

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 11-15-2012, 09:39 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I have a close personal friend that is disabled now from having Diesel fuel absorbed thru his system..shut down major organs with permanent damage..One thing to keep in mind its more then Just Diesel fuel...Its menthanol and other chemicals in the fuel that adds to the damage. glad your Ok Mark

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-15-2012, 02:15 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Amen. Is it just what has soaked into the hands that can cause such problems?? That is scarey. I am glad you are good my friend.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:35 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Scooterz
Amen. Is it just what has soaked into the hands that can cause such problems?? That is scarey. I am glad you are good my friend.
Hands, splashes on the arms, fumes in-haled...not saying the 1st time you spill some on you at the gas station your Hit but for Diesel mechanics that work with this stuff each day its serious business...Most Diesel Mechanics I know use a certain type glove and long sleeves etc...

also when I owned the VP fuel dealership I sold Drums of M-1 methanol to the local university that was making Bio-Diesel..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-15-2012, 03:53 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mopar1968
Thank's guy's for checking up on me, I have some health issues that came up real quick on me and i was flown to Pittsburgh,Pa kinda fast, Then i got to go to California for a week, Got diesel fuel in my blood stream. At the time i didn't think it was a big deal well i am here to tell you it is a big deal. Start's to shut down certian thing's. So be careful when working on diesel engines :!: Only 4 place's in the United States that can handle issues like this. I am doing good now try to go back to work next week. Thank's again guy's for the concern, We are truly a family here.

Mark
Glad to hear your alright...did you inject yourself somehow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -