D.R.A.W. Fast Help For Fast friends...

Old 06-19-2012, 05:47 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Default D.R.A.W. Fast Help For Fast friends...

In case some of you did not know I was elected to the Board of Trustees for the Drag Racing Association Of Women this year. I have been a volunteer for 12 years and was honored to be elected to the Board!
D.R.A.W.'s motto is Fast Help For Fast Friends"and our sole mission is providing financial and emotional support to qualified individuals involved in a drag racing accident at a track.
We have paid out almost $4 million dollars in financial assistance since 1985 to help 760 families in their time of need.
I know there are a lot of drag racers on this forum and if anyone ever knows of a racer, pit crew or family member that is injured or killed at a drag strip, send me a PM so I can get the involved family emotional and financial support going as soon as possible.
DRAW was officially organized in 1985 following a successful 1984 fundraiser for injured racer, Shirley Muldowney. Members of the drag racing community who handled the recovery fund were very encouraged by the support of racers and fans that generously donated. The question was posed. If we can help one racer, why not organize our efforts to help all injured drag racers? As a result, DRAW, a non-profit 501(C)(3) charity organization was created to provide financial and emotional support to individuals involved in drag racing accidents at a track.
Our name, Drag Racing Association of Women, honors our ten female founders, Gere Amato, Penny Beck, Holly Beadle, Laura Earwood, Pat Garlits, Etta Glidden, Diane Hedrich, Linda McCulloch, Janie Oswald and Lynn Prudhomme. DRAW is not just for women, though. Our membership is open to men, women and even children and all members have equal privileges.
I am starting to set up a new website for D.R.A.W. her shortly but here is a link to the existing one http://www.drawfasthelp.org/index.cfm

I really hope that I never have to hear from one of the members on here about any accident but if it happens I will go above and beyond to help one and all!

I want to thank Brian for giving me permission to post this on the forum.

The one thing I have learned in my 12 years as a member of D.R.A.W. is there's nothing more powerfull than the unity of the drag racing community!

Thanks
Chris
Old 06-19-2012, 07:43 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

man thats great harbone!!! but i gotta say i had never heard of it. but what a great thing it is.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:57 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Kudos, 'Bone ! Folks helping folks, can't get any better than that !
Old 06-19-2012, 10:15 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Very Honorable Chris. Thank you for allowing this Forum to support such a wonderful organization !

( And you being a large part of that Group Makes us all proud here at RJ )
Old 06-19-2012, 11:17 AM
EXPERT BUILDER

Yep, way cool ! :wink:
Old 06-19-2012, 11:22 AM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

Good deal, harb.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

well done good & faithful servant. Good man Harb!!
Old 06-22-2012, 03:08 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Chris, that's awesome. I used to donate regularly to D.R.A.W. but have been giving the money that I have for charity mostly to the Red Cross lately. If things get a little better I may try to share some with them again.

Curtis
Old 06-22-2012, 03:58 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Thats great chris! :wink:
Old 06-22-2012, 04:39 AM
fast75vega
RACING JUNKIE

way to go bro i never heard of it till i just read your post..... that a really good thing for a very bad outcome .... hope none of us ever really need it :wink:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -