Don and Pat Garlits

Old 02-27-2012, 07:44 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

SPAMMER !
Old 02-27-2012, 01:15 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

WTH is wrong with this idiot spammer? It's one thing to make a new spam thread, but to come in this thread and post this bs is just way out of line even for an idiot spammer.

It's truly sad to hear about this. I hope them the best!
Old 02-27-2012, 06:00 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

So sorry to hear this, hope both the best. I saw Don in 1984 at Phx. Firebird, he was there T&T before a match race in Ca., unfortunately he broke a wing strut at 258 MPH and went over the retaining wall upside down. All was well he was unhurt, but the car was hurt pretty bad. I talked to him after the incident and was like that's racing we'll get it fixed and go on to the match race next weekend.
But the most memorable experience of seeing/meeting him was in 1960 at US 30 dragway in Indiana, just outside south Chgo. when he had a match race with Sneeky Pete Robison. He was changing the clutch out and someone walked to the clutch laying on the ground and picked it up. Believe me that guy dropped it pretty fast. Don looked over and said HOT HUH :?: The guy emberassed said NAH, just don't take me look to look at a clutch, everyone standing around, just fell out with that comment.

Zip.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:59 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Chris here is a pic of us at Bristol Dragway. Myself,Don,and Daughter Donna.

Myself and Don discussing my car.

Mark