Winter Time

Old 12-07-2011, 02:48 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Sucks looking at the empty garage. The S-10 motor is out and put away. Hope to pick up the new pipe after the holidays. Motor should be mid January or February.

At this point, I might as well sell the trailer too!!! :lol:
Old 12-07-2011, 03:36 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

changing over my 73 Z28 camaro to a 6 speed...just cranking the nova up every few weeks...

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-07-2011, 03:39 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

scooter, you and i should start our own club. the dumb moves gang, i should be president but it seems your runnin a close 2nd.lololol
Old 12-07-2011, 06:03 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shawnp
Sucks looking at the empty garage. The S-10 motor is out and put away. Hope to pick up the new pipe after the holidays. Motor should be mid January or February.

At this point, I might as well sell the trailer too!!! :lol:
you and I think way to much alike Pink :wink:
Old 12-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
scooter, you and i should start our own club. the dumb moves gang, i should be president but it seems your runnin a close 2nd.lololol
Wazup is on the money... as much as I hate to admit... I am the most accident prone fool... everyone at work teases me NON-stop. I already am a member of that club Ken. Wabb- no videos this time.. but one of ribs is sore as he__... I do not dare cough or I will end up sharting myself.

Juice: that is the perfect idea for the 73... a 6 speed. tighten up the suspension some, make a few mods, you are a threat on the road courses, maybe some auto cross, etc... strike fear of all the "tuner" crowds & crush them Civc type dorks w/ farts cans. It will be a blast to drive.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:52 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

I'll tell ya, those well prepped ricers literally kick ash on the hill climbs and auto cross. Lots of power in a short wheel based light weight well handling(even from the factory) package. It depends on the driver in how well they actually perform.
My old school brute horsepowered ANIMAL is a ton more fun though ! And it SOUNDS BETTER ! AND I built it completely with my own 2 hands on a low budget !
We have a couple of gen 2 Camaro's that play and they do pretty darn good and run right with those Asian jobs. They are both pumpin' about 200 horse more than my junk, one's turboed and the other is runnin' FI. LOTS more money in their's than I have in mine.
The bad thing about building a G Machine is it's waaaaay too tempting to 'play' hard on the public highways. Been there done that, not advised. Limiting play time to Track Days and the like can scratch the itch.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I hear ya DD, but you will never see my butt strapped into a "Tuner" FWD car that requires a laptop to tune... I am now officially too old to drive & appreciate those kind of s-boxes... for the many of the reasons you mention below. you built an awesome race car... she is all American, all race, all the things that represent pure gearheadedness... NOTHING that burns off with THE FRONT wheels & has a fake carbon hood with a FART CAN can even even come close. :P
Old 12-08-2011, 02:29 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i dont even allow tuners or import bikes in my driveway much less in the shop.when they do pull up here i tell them to park them in the road.or put a cover over them before someone sees them. i really do!!!
Old 12-08-2011, 05:34 PM
wazup
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by outlaw256
i dont even allow tuners or import bikes in my driveway much less in the shop.when they do pull up here i tell them to park them in the road.or put a cover over them before someone sees them. i really do!!!
Thats mean :lol: I hate the dam things myself. I run them off too.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:05 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i had a honda civic pull up here this summer with a american flag on the bumper. man i had a fit.i gave him a razor blade and told himto scrape my flag off that bumper.i offered him 5$ for the sticker and he did it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -